thirty-four - three words

"Is it too childish to play truth or drink?" Olivia asks Austin and I.

I shrug my shoulders and say, "I could care less if it's childish. Sounds like a good way to get to know you better."

Austin says, "I guess I'll play."

Olivia gets up and grabs tequila and shot glasses from the bar. "This should be fun," I tell Austin.

"Hm. We'll see," he moves my legs on the chair I'm laying on to sit between them.

When Olivia comes back, she sets everything down on a small table between the two chairs. And starts, "Who's going first?" Austin points at me, behind him and Olivia tells him to ask the question.

"Okay. Ummm," he takes a while to think before asking, "Did your parents actually like me?"

I giggle because he could've asked anything, but he's worried about what my parents think about him. Before I can answer Olivia butts in, "Ugh, most boring question ever, Aus. I'm coming up with a better one."

While Olivia's thinking, I lean forward to quietly tell Austin that I'm pretty sure they liked him. "Okay I have my question. Isla Dempsey, what were your first impressions of Austin and I?"

"Ooh. My first impression of Austin. Well I recognized his name from the movie but I didn't know what he looked like. The first time I saw him was on tv coverage of the Met Gala and I remember thinking he was very good looking. Does that count as a first impression?" They nod and I continue, "And Olivia..." I pause, looking at Austin before both of us burst into laughter.

"What am I missing?" Olivia asks over our laughter.

"Okay, this is embarrassing." I admit, "So, weeks ago, Austin and I were talking about my best friend, Olivia Oh, and he mentioned you, Olivia DeJonge." I can't help laughing while retelling this story. "And then I figured out that something happened between you two, and I was pissed, really for no reason. So I really wanted to hate you, but now that I've met you I just couldn't."

Olivia stops me, saying, "If it makes you feel better, I really didn't enjoy it." Her and I laugh hysterically but Austin on the other hand acts offended.

"Ouch," he jokes.

The three of us go around, asking and answering more questions, occasionally taking a shot just for fun. At this point, the sun's almost set and we're all getting tipsy, tired, and cold. I've thrown on a random sweatshirt Olivia brought. We're sitting in the same chairs but Austin and I have switched spots, him on the chair and me laying on top of him.

"Last question's for you, Butler," I say, thinking of a question, "What's the last thing you've googled?"

Austin's had more to drink than Olivia and I, so he's almost gone at this point and he just hands me his phone, unlocked. I open Safari and see the words, "How soon can you say i love you?" My breathing stops for a minute as I try to gather myself. Maybe I wasn't crazy for thinking I already love him.

"Well what is it?" Olivia asks. I turn the phone toward her and her jaw drops.

Austin grabs his phone out of my hands to see what it is and he's left speechless as well. "Um, I'm sorry if you think I'm crazy Isla," his words all mesh together, "But I love you."

I turn myself around so the two of us are lying chest to chest. Suddenly, as I look into his eyes, all of my concerns about my past and our future don't seem to bother me anymore. I don't need to try to pretend I'm not ready to say it anymore, because he just did. "I love you, Austin."

As I'm about to plant a kiss on his delicate lips he says, "I know. You already told me."

I already told him? I'm positive I didn't.

"Last night. Before you fell asleep. You told me you loved me." His smile grows bigger.

"Well I do. Love you, I mean."

He pulls me in by my neck and passionately kisses me. After a short while, Olivia coughs, "That was cute lovebirds, but I don't need to see that go any further." I get an idea, and pull Austin with me.

Once I set my sunglasses on the boat, I jump off the side, into the beautiful water. Austin follows behind me and the two of us yell for Olivia to jump in with us. When she jumps in, the three of us tread water and I'm quickly reminded how much Austin has had to drink when he can barely keep himself above the water. Olivia and I pull him back to the boat, and the three of us climb onto it.

Checking the time, I realize that it's already past 9 and none of us have eaten dinner. "Do you guys want to head back to the hotel and grab some food?"

**********

have they known each other for like 2 seconds? yeah. but i want them to say they love each other so they will bc im in charge