fifty-seven - bound

Tonight is an incredible night, not only because it's my birthday and I've just spent an afternoon with my favorite people, but also because Austin and I are heading to another premiere. I love seeing him in his element and want to be there for him every step of the way.

Austin's sitting next to me as we ride in the back of a car to the theater. Tonight he's wearing all black with a dainty necklace, one ring, and a bracelet on his other wrist. Damn he's hot.

The ride is going to take much longer than necessary, since we're driving in New York traffic. As we're riding along, Austin is fiddling with the bracelet on his wrist, nervous like he always is, when I hear a song come on.

I immediately turn to Aus, placing a hand on his chest and throwing my head back dramatically. "You should take it as a compliment that I got drunk and made fun of the way you talk. And you should think about the consequence of your magnetic field being a little too strong."

I see some of the worry slip off of his face as the corners of his mouth lift into a smile and he wraps his arm around my shoulder, pulling me in and humming to the lyrics he clearly doesn't know. Once the song ends, randomly 'Bound 2' by Kanye begins. This is a weird mix of music, but I'm not mad about it.

Austin looks toward me, singing, "B-b-b-b-bound to falling in love," and I'm embarrassed like it's the first time he's looked at me. I push his face away, but it just makes him sing louder, "Whatchu doing in the club on a Thursday? She say she only here for her girl birthday."

Suddenly, I get an idea, "Aus,"

He stops singing, "Yeah?"

"You said you'd make a TikTok remember?"

"Mhm," he responds, uninterested and rolling his eyes. I giggle pulling out my phone showing him the video I want to make, "Oh my. I'm only doing this because it's your birthday."

"Not because you love me?" I tease.

"No," he answers with a straight face, causing a fit of giggles. I set my phone down in the cup holder, trying to get the right angle and lighting in the dark car. Once it's just right, I press record and dramatically sing, "Boundddddd, bounddddd, bound to fallin' in love," as Austin stays serious. He lips the words, "Uh-huh honey. Close your eyes and let the word paint a thousand pictures." During the next part, he wraps his arms around my waist, "One good girl is worth a thousand bitches. Bound." At the end of the video, he plants a kiss on my cheek.

I grab my phone, posting the video with the caption "bby's fav part of this song is the line abt the sink 🤷‍♀️" referring to the line that goes, "I wanna fuck you hard on the sink, after that give you something to drink". Once the TikTok has been posted, we've reached our destination and we hop out of the car, heading to the carpet.

**********

this was short and kinda cringey but also like my fav chapter i've ever written