Chapter 3: sleep

Before long, Wang Chunhua brought back a fish from outside.

Wei Jiaman has a total of eight people, and only four are at home today. Wei Jianwei's father went to another brigade to repair the roof. He did not come back for dinner at noon. Wei's eldest son accompanied his daughter-in-law back to her family's home. Wei Jianwei was the second child and an old man. Third, he is also a boy. He was in high school in the commune and only went home on weekends.

I made sweet potato rice for lunch, half of the rice and half of the sweet potato. After cooking, the sweet potato was crushed into a puree with a rice spatula and mixed with the rice. It tasted sweet, but it was too hot. Thanks to Wei Jianwei, I have fish soup to drink today, and a potato stew cabbage. A dish of pickles left over from the porridge in the morning is already rich and delicious.

After eating, just put away the dishes and chopsticks, a few women from the brigade came to visit. Wang Chunhua grabbed two handfuls of orange candies and several handfuls of fried peanuts and put them on the tray to entertain them.

This is also a local custom. When someone comes back from another place, whether it is a soldier, a part-time job, or a business, the neighbors have to come and beg for sweets.

There was a burst of laughter coming in from outside, and He Xiaoyun was washing the dishes in the kitchen. She didn't want to go out after washing, for fear that those women would make fun of her with Wei Jianwei.

She walked from the back door of the kitchen to the back yard. The yard behind was not big. It was next to a bamboo forest and planted a persimmon tree. This season, the branches and leaves are luxuriant, and there is also a pig pen and a chicken coop.

The commune allows up to three chickens and two pigs to be raised privately. The three little hens of the Wei family are foraging under the bamboo forest. By the end of the year, one will be handed over to the public family to complete the purchase task. It is regarded as tax payment. One is slaughtered at home, and the remaining one can be sold in the small market. , Change some daily necessities.

There is only one pig, and most people can't afford to raise two. There is not so much pig feed to feed. If you are fattened, you can't slaughter it privately. You have to go to the food station. After slaughtering, the public buys half of it, and half of it is left by the public. The money obtained from the purchase, tax is removed, and the rest is not much, which can barely cover the piglet and half a year of pig feed. , With half a year left, I have to buy pig grass on my own, or buy pig feed from other people who don't raise pigs. Raising a pig is equivalent to not making money, but the state will reward the ticket, and many people go for this.

She swept the backyard and passed the time fumblingly. It is estimated that all the people who came to the door went to the front yard.

Wei Jianwei had already finished the wooden box and grabbed a few eggs. Wei Yuanhang happily ran out the door and showed it to Yanyan.

Wang Chunhua blamed her son: "Only you have a lot of tricks, good wood is used to waste, children love to play, you are also up to him, can the insects be raised to eat or to wear?"

He Xiaoyun secretly stuck out her tongue, not embarrassed to say that it was her idea, so she quickly picked up a basket and told Wang Chunhua that she was going to the mountain, and she went away fortunately.

Seeing her going out, Wang Chunhua glanced at her silent son and couldn't help but murmur: "You and Xiaoyun are not the way to go. The two ignore each other. Others watch the joke. Xiaohang will know the matter and save face. Sad. I think her temper has changed a lot recently, and her hands and feet have become more diligent. If she thinks well, we should be happy..."