Chapter 6: Peek

The next day, the whole family would wake up before dawn, and they would simply wash themselves, the people who went down to the floor, and those who went into the kitchen.

A pot of sweet potato porridge was boiled in the pot, and a few tortillas made in advance yesterday were steamed, and some pickles and soaked radishes were cut into the pot. A breakfast is ready. If it is the slack in the farm, the breakfast is usually only porridge, and the busy farmer will eat some dry food such as cakes and steamed buns to bear the hunger.

After the meal was finished, Feng Qiuyue sent him to the field. He Xiaoyun went to the river to wash their clothes. He Xiaoyun was worried that Wei Yuanhang was at home alone, so he pulled him out of the bed and took him.

Children feel a lot. They rarely get up so early, yawning while walking, and when they see the water of the river, they become energetic.

He Xiaoyun found a shallow water and asked Wei Yuanhang to squat on the beach next to her to play with sand.

After a while, other women came to wash the clothes, saw He Xiaoyun, and said hello: "Why did you bring the child out so early today?"

"Everyone in the family has gone to the fields. I worry he is at home alone." He Xiaoyun explained with a smile.

"Yes," the woman said, squatting down not far from her, and then going to tease Wei Yuanhang to speak: "Dad is back, is Xiao Hang happy or not?"

Wei Yuanhang pouted, digging in the sand, suddenly heard his name, raised his head and glanced at the other person, said he was happy, and then lowered his head to continue.

The woman smiled and said a few words of homely, and other people came one after another, and the river became lively.

After washing clothes, He Xiaoyun carried the tub in one hand, and took her reluctant son home with the other.

Wei Yuanhang couldn't help but look back at the puddle he had dug, and said, "I will come tomorrow and come with my mother."

"Let's talk about it when you get up tomorrow, little slacker." He Xiaoyun teased unceremoniously.

When she arrived at home, Feng Qiuyue had already returned, washed the dishes and chopsticks, and was sitting in the yard picking beans.

He Xiaoyun aired the clothes and was about to go out to beat a basket of hogweed, otherwise the pigs at home would run out of food. Taking Wei Yuanhang out of place again, and fearing Feng Qiuyue would not be able to watch him, she said to the child: "I'm going to mow pigweed, and the aunt is alone at home. Will you accompany her at home?"

"But..." The child was reluctant, "I want to go with my mother."

"I want you to go with me too, but my aunt has a little brother and a little sister in her belly, and we are not at home. What if the bad guys come and no one protects them?" He Xiaoyun coaxed.

"Then, then I protect my little brother and sister?"

"Yes," He Xiaoyun put a high hat on his head, "Hanghang is going to be an elder brother. He must be a great brother who will protect younger siblings, right?"

Wei Yuanhang suddenly felt that he had a heavy responsibility on his shoulders, so he nodded vigorously and said loudly, "I am a good brother!"

After coaxing the child, He Xiaoyun turned to Feng Qiuyue and changed her tone again, "If he is not obedient, don't worry about his sister-in-law, don't make yourself angry. When I come back and tell me, I will take care of him."

Feng Qiuyue smiled and said, "Just go, Xiao Hang is obedient."

He Xiaoyun went out carrying a big back basket and walked along the riverside and paddy fields where there were lush weeds all the way. The spring plowing had already begun, and she stood on the river bank and glanced at it. The fields were full of people bending over to work. I hope the weather will be smooth this year, and all the hard work will be rewarded.