Ep_3

Third person's pov

" Wh-what? "

" I said good job " Chaeyoung repeats it since the older seems like she did not catch it but she did.

This the her first time hearing this phrase so sincerely from someone younger than her. Being CEO of a company at such a young age, she has got a lot of compliments from her business partners for her intelligence, elegance and her success. But she knows their compliments were never sincere unlike this kid in front of her. She has never been praised for her personality.

" I see you do keep your promise with my mom. She will be happy for you too. I'll just appreciate your mind, Mina ssi " The younger said, still keeping her head down.

" It's really interesting, kid.. that you look neither sad nor lonely about your mother passed away month ago. I wonder... " Mina said a little playfully and put her elbow on the table and her chin on her hand which makes the younger flinch.

" ...if Chaeyong ssi is really strong to handle this situation.. or not? I'm curious. " she continued. Chaeyoung fake cough and avoids eye contact before she speaks. She doesn't know but she feels so difficult to make an eye to eye conversation with this odd woman.

" Well, my mom is gone already.. and I'm still here. Also... it's not like we didn't know this day would come since we had figured out her cancer level. It's not that I'm stronger than anyone else. But my life has to go on anyway, doesn't it? Isn't is how it supposed to be? " The younger got flustered when she unintentionally meets the older Japanese's bold eyes on her Her eyes seem so tricky and hard like glass to breakthrough, making it impossible to read her mind.

" Anyway, Mina ssi, I gotta go now. Thanks for lunch! I really enjoyed it! " Chaeyoung said just before she runs off from the VIP room without waiting for a reply.

Till the younger's voice turns into echoes inside the room, Mina was quiet, trapped herself in her thoughts. She leans on the backrest and stares at the card being left by the younger on the table.

" Life goes on.. " Mina whispered herself and a smirk followed.

" Doesn't it, Chaeyoung ssi? When even a kid like you know that, why isn't she still aware of it? " She uttered and then left the room with quick steps. The card on the table is being abandoned for second time.

_

An 11yrs old kid is lying on the cold floor in the dark and old store room. Her eyes are slightly open as her vision becomes blurry with her warm and wet tears. She feels so hopeless when she can neither move nor feel her own legs anymore. At that moment, water flows into the room from the narrow space under the door. She couldn't hear any sound but water splashes but the kid was smiling neglecting the loss of her senses.

' Please, Kai.. take me with you too.. I'm so tired here ' She begs in her mind. She then suddenly sees the rays of light coming from the door and all the water disappeared in a blink.

"Mina!!!! Oh my God! Honey!! Are you alright? Mr.Kim!!! We need to take her to hospital right away! Hurry up!!! " Although she sees her Dad is carrying her, she could not feel it at all. Her world turned dark eventually.

" NO!!!!!!!! "

She open her eyes forcefully through the darkness she has seen so many times in her dreams. She sits up on her bed with heavy breathes before she intertwined her fingers, hoping it would help her less shaking. She hates it to death her tears run through her cheeks without her will. She wishes everything happened in her dream was nothing more than a nightmare but it isn't. Everything was real. Every single nightmare is all about her childhood.

She then take her regular anti-anxiety and sleeping pills out of the drawer beside her bed with her shaky hands. She swallows the pills right away as she finds it really hard only to manage herself to reach for water. She feels her back is drenched with her cold sweats when she lies down on bed again, staring blankly straight to the ceiling.

' Good job, Mina ssi '

Mina is not even conscious what she is thinking but a small voice tip-toe into her ears. Her lip corners rise though she does not know who is whispering into her ears but it makes her chest light inside. Eyelids becomes heavy as she feels relieved. Is this because of the effects of pills her therapist gave her or because of the little voice she saved in her mind?

Third person's pov

" I really hate you two brats. I thought you will take care of this lonely girl well but how could you throw me out to a stranger? Huh? " Son Chaeyoung said while hanging her arms around her friends' necks which causes Tzuyu bend her knees to walk.

" She isn't a stranger. You said your Mom used to be her nanny, didn't you? And we all know that she isn't a bad guy, right? " Dahyun defends, trying to remove Chaeyoung's arms on her neck but the younger's arm muscles are no joke.

" But how would you know? What if she kidnap and do something bad to me? Dahyun, kid, listen, 7 out of 10 rich people are bad and selfish. " Chaeyoung said which makes Dahyun roll her eyes on her friend's bossy acts. Tzuyu slaps Chaeyoung's arm on her neck making her groans in pain and takes her arms back.

" Watch out your words. Sana and me are in those 3 good rich people. And shorty, don't overthink. You are too short to be kidnapped and raped. It will make Mina unnie think twice. " Tzuyu scoffed and gives the shorty friend a sharp look. Dramatic girl, Son Chaeyoung then throw her body onto Dahyun as if Tzuyu just shot her with a gun. She putt her hand on her chest and looks at Dahyun.

" Dahyun, it hurts. This rich kid is too mean. " Dahyun can't help but bursts out laughing and pushes Chaeyoung back, telling her to walk like a human.

" I have a meeting for my music club. See you two! You don't dare to have lunch without me! " Chaeyoung shouted as she walks backwards into her music club's practicing room.

Chaeyoung's pov

" What do you mean we need to find a sponsor for our club? Aren't we belong to this university? " I said and Jackson oppa pad my back to calm down in front of juniors and new members.

" Take a seat first, Chaeyoung. It's true, guys. The student councils decided to use all the supplies on other sport clubs including swimming club this year. " He explained to his clubs as he is a leader and also a member of student council.

But no wonder why they decided like this. Since the swimming club got gold metal for three years straight, the reputation of our university is kind of depending on them. I wish they would hold serious competitions like sports for music clubs as well. In my opinion, it is unfair they only take music clubs for fun.

" So, we better find a sponsor for our club and band before festival is held. If not, we won't be able to perform this year. We have no budget. I know you guys will not be happy with the council's decision but as far as I know, professors are part of this plan. So, there's nothing much I could do as well. Let's call it a day everyone " He ended the meeting and I am about to follow other members but Jackson oppa pulls my hand to stop me.