Ep_11

Flashback

11 years old, little Mina, looked up her father's face who was driving to somewhere expect their home as soon as she had discharged from hospital.

" Papa, where are we going? " Mina waited for her father's reply but she understood her father would not answer her when she got no response till the echoes disappeared.

 ' Well, can't you see that it's just raining? There ain't no need to go outside~~~ But baby~ You hardly even notice~~ When I try to show you this~~~ '  

All she could hear on the way was the song named Banana Pancakes by Jack Johnson which is her father's favorite song. She was already familiar with the melody as she had heard this songs many times before but she did not expect this song would be the last song for the warmth between her and her father. Myoui Akira took Mina into a large and elegant house with many modern designs. Mina noticed this house is as large as theirs and she loved it has many trees on each side of the driveway making the stunning house unable to take a peek from the road easily. Her father told her to sit down on the couch which is facing the glass wall and glorious green view outside soothes her eyes.

" Mina, Honey.. " She looked at her father as soon as he spoke.

" Honey, as you know, your Mom's mental health is getting worse day by day and I was always busy with my companies. So, you know.. Papa couldn't be there with you but also, I can't leave you alone with your Mom anymore. " Mina looked down her own reflection on the shinning floor when she started to see what her father was trying to say.

" Honey, I thinks it's better for you to stay here but you know, you'll not be alone. I've asked my friend to company you. She is so nice I know you will like her too. "  Akira fake coughed to avoid voice cracking in front of her daughter. He felt so sorry and guilty for not being a good father for Mina but it is also impossible for him to ignore all of his responsibilities from work. He knows Mina was too young to face this but for her safety, he had no choice.

" Do you hate me too, Papa? " Mina asked in her weak and tiny voice while keeping her head down which breaks her father's heart. At that moment, he knew there was already a black stain in her daughter's soft heart. He held Mina's little hands and cupped her face to make her chin up.

" Of course not, Honey..  Nobody hates you.. Honey, I love you so much and it will never change. I promise, trust in me. " When Akira saw her daughter's emotionless eyes, he realized it was late.

" Lunch is ready. " A woman walked towards them and kneeled down in front of Mina to introduce herself.

" Hello, Mina. You can call me Aunty or Mrs. Son. Nice to meet you. Your Dad asked me to company you. You know what you can think of me as your friend. Just call out my name when you get bored, I will play with you then. " Mina stared at Mrs. Son for a few seconds and said something the elders were not expecting.

" Your eyes are beautiful, Mrs. Son. " Mina said shyly while the two elders looked at each other with widen eyes. Mr. Myoui was a little amazed too because he knew his daughter needs a lot of time to talk to someone she is not familiar.

" Oh.. you're so sweet, Mina. Thank you for your compliment. Come on, let's have lunch. I cooked your favorite dishes. Akira-san, I prepared for you too. " Mina eyes lightened up when Mrs. Son asked her father to have lunch together but Mr. Myoui looked down his watch and stood up. Mina already knew what he was going to say next.

" I'm sorry, I don't think I can have lunch with you. I gotta go, I've a meeting in next 20 minutes "

Present day

Mina jolts when she was patted by a Japanese woman while she was lost in her deep thoughts. Sana sits down on the couch, next to her before she hands a glass of red wine to Mina. Sana leans closer and give a peck on Mina's cheek while the younger is taking a sip of wine. Mina who is already used to with Sana's clinginess turns her head with a smile and spots the older is in a bathrobe too which means both of them are wearing the same thing.

" Sana, I just saw you wearing full clothes when you came out after bath. Why are you in bathrobe now? Go.. put some clothes back on, Sana. If someone sees us, they will think we just had sex. " Mina half-jokingly said but she means it as she knows this Japanese woman is not easy. 

Sana whines and puts her glass on the table in front of them before she lays down on Mina's lap. Mina just shakes her head and caresses the elder's hair, looking straight to the view of night sky through the glass.

" Who the hell will see us? There's only you and me in this moonlight. " Sana will not stop flirting because it is who she is. When the atmosphere between two Japanese women becomes calm and silent, Sana asked a question exactly Mina is thinking.

" Are you thinking what I'm thinking? " Sana grabs the younger's hand and looks up as Mina just nodded, still not breaking her gaze with the outside.

" We were so drunk and so hopeless that night. That was silly. " Both chuckles at candor in Mina's sentence.

" Didn't you feel guilty for Tzuyu? You two had a big argument on that day, right? " Mina asked and Sana hummed with smiling eyes as she now realized that was just a childish fight between she and her wife but they thought it was a big problem back then.

" I was seriously painful when she said she was so sick of me. But we didn't try to put ourselves in each other's shoes back then. Now, she tries her best to open up what is going on her mind and so do I. It becomes easier to solve our problems and now I know, I'm the only one in her thoughts and her wet dreams. " Sana giggles in her own dark joke while Mina just smirk without a sound.

" I was such a jerk. There's almost no one I haven't slept with in my social circle before I met her. I think you can relate me most why I suddenly lacked interest in other girls. " Mina nods in approval and takes another sip of wine.

" If it is not Tzuyu, my heart never starts racing. Sometimes, it turns me on even when I miss her so bad. " Both of them laugh in Sana's very open disclosure.

" I envy you, Sana. You love each other so much. " Mina said and suddenly her heart aches as Chaeyoung's eyes which has always been similar to Mrs. Son's pop out in her mind.

" She looks so calm and mature outside but.. she is so childish sometimes. She gets jealous easily and then will tell me to sleep in the guest room " Sana said but her smiley eyes and grin never left her face when she tells about her wife.

" But I can't blame her for that 'cause she's indeed young, she's only 21 after all. " Mina looks at her friend smiling ear to ear like a proud old woman which makes her feels like she is getting old too.

" Sana, you know, you sound like you're 41 just now. Let me remind you.. you're only 31 and your age gap is only 10 and not like 20. However, Tzuyu is more mature than Chaeyoung actually because she grew up in an environment where she can't even trust people around her. For Chaeyoung, she is so pure, frank and trusts someone easily. " Sana sits up and turns her body to look at the younger.

" You know what, I've never thought you'd fall in love with someone for real. I feel bad for that kid. How unlucky of her.. " Sana teased Mina and got a light slap on her thigh from the younger in return.

" I'm just kidding. So..... " Sana moves closer to Mina and looks at her with half-devious smile which confused the younger.

" So what? "

" Have you torn her v-card? " It makes Mina speechless, still processing  the whole sentence she just heard.

" NO! But.. how do yo- " Sana cuts off Mina.

" I asked Tzuyu. How comes you don't know? " 

" It doesn't matter to me. " Mina said before Sana leans on her shoulder and enjoys the view in peace, getting enough with talking.