Ep_8

Third person's pov

" C'mon, shorty! Come join us! " Tzuyu shouted to Chaeyoung who is sitting blankly and staring at her two friends and classmates playing basketball. Her friends notice that their friend space out very often these days. Dahyun pulls Tzuyu's arm and walks straight to Chaeyoung, sits down on each side of her, squeezing their short friend in the middle. 

" Hey, kid.. are you ok? " Tzuyu asked and Chaeyoung looks at her friends' faces, she knows they are worried about her but she doesn't know how can she explain this unsure feeling to them.

" Hmm..  I'm alright. Anyway, Chou Tzuyu, stop calling me kid when you're the maknae in our squad. You are the one to be called kid. " Chaeyoung teasingly told Tzuyu. Dahyun smiles like an experienced mother and just watches the argument between youngest and smallest as she know they will stop barking once they are short of breath.

" Here. Take a sip of water you two, I seriously wonder when will you guys acting like real kids. " Dahyun said, handing the water bottles to both of them.

" So.... Son Chaeyoung, are you gonna tell us what's wrong with you? What's bothering you? " Dahyun asked. 

Since the day, Chaeyoung's brain started collecting clear memories, Dahyun has been there and never left her side, also on those days her Mom came back home late, on those days she was sick. But in her memories, Jeongyeon has always been an adult, a reliable and protective big sister for Dahyun and her. They two are her real no-blood related family members while her mom was busy taking care of Mina. But it was not like her mom did not care about her. Chaeyoung also knew that it was a choiceless situation for her mom to make a living and also the reason her Mom did not let Mina be alone.

" No, Dahyun. It's just.. just our club has some issues. Jackson oppa says we gotta find a sponsor this year and we haven't found one yet, also the festival is getting close. " Chaeyoung pulled out another excuse. The real thing, bothering her is that all of sudden, Mina confessed her and then disappear like wind, leaving no footsteps behind.

" Are you sure it isn't because Mina unnie? " Dahyun said as if she can hear what Chaeyoung is thinking and make her nervous.

" What!? NO! No wAy! "Chaeyoung refused instantly and got trapped like a rat which cracks the two up.

" Damn.." She whispers herself as she just failed to lie again.

" Okay, your high-pitch explains everything, Chaeyoung " Dahyun said as Chaeyoung sighs and curse herself for being worst at lying.

" Don't tell me you're already missing her " Tzuyu boldly said while Chaeyoung furrows her eyebrows and inhale a lot of air, getting ready to defend.

" Nope! No more high-pitch, Son Chaeyoung " Tzuyu cuts off before she says something she had already expected.

" Well.... actually, she confessed me a couple of days ago " Chaeyoung said while looking down. The two have a lot of questions in their head but they know it is not time for Q&A section, so they stay silent and saved whatever they want to ask for later. 

" I can't find the reason.. why do I feel like something is lacking these days.. but I know it is nothing like love. I just.. I just want her appear unexpectedly and bother me like before. I don't know, may be I'm bored. " Chaeyoung said and press her lips because she feel kind of relieved but also kind of embarrassing that she just talks out her feelings in front of her friends. Dahyun and Tzuyu look at each other as they know Chaeyoung's problem is not that simple to say something casually when their friend couldn't even identify her feelings yet.

" You know I'm really confused now but I don't even know what is making me confused. I simply want to meet her again.. " Chaeyoung said and smiles when she sees her friend's serious faces, listening to her and obviously adopting her problem as theirs. 

" C'mon guys! Stop making that face. Anyway, I should go now, I'm gonna give Jackson oppa his guitar back. See you, guys " Chaeyoung told her friends and left the basketball court.

Chaeyoung enters their music club room by holding the neck of guitar that she borrowed from Jackson. She has no idea if he will be there or not, but if Jackson is not there in the room, she has already thought to leave the guitar and just text him about it. But a soft and thin voice, obviously not Jackson's, makes her chin up immediately.

" Mina!! " Chaeyoung shouts with full of joy as she rans and hug the older, causing Mina a little surprised. 

She is taken aback only when Mina warps her arms around her slowly, resting her sharp chin on the younger. Chaeyoung pulls up herself back and nervously glances at the older who is looking at her with that familiar smirk. Meanwhile, Jackson does not know what to do in this situation between two women. So, he just take his guitar from Chaeyoung and gave her a thumb-up before he leaves them alone in the room. But she wanted to stop him walking out of the room as she knows it would be super awkward in next minute. 

" Do you miss me that much? Huh? Chaeyoung ssi, answer me " Mina breathed out while Chaeyoung locking her eyes to the older's coat.

" No.. I mean.. I was just.. just.. " Chaeyoung stutters helplessly and Mina did not want to play hard on her this time as she finds the younger is too cute to handle. She pulls Chaeyoung into her embrace one more time and tightens her arms until there is no space between them.

" Please... let's stay like this for a minute " Mina begs when the younger tries to push her.

" You know I'm really tired these days. And even worse when I couldn't see you. Do you know how much I miss you? " Mina whispers into the younger's ears, making Chaeyoung unable to resist. 

Chaeyoung is clueless what happened to her but she is sure her arms were controlled by something that they hugged Mina back. She does not understand what is she feeling now but it is very foreign to her. The feeling is like walking through the endless white daisy field in the spring, like walking in the street where soft cherry petals are blowing everywhere during autumn.