Ep_13

Third person's pov

Mina woke up from her nightmare in the middle of night. She sits up and locks her shaking fingers, trying to get rid of fear inside her. She hates herself being like this so much, she hates the suffocated feeling she is holding inside her. She then picks up her phone to check time, it was only 12:32 am but Mina fell asleep as soon as she gets back home around 8 pm. She does not usually check any kind of texts when she is so tired but she has her exception one.

Chaeng : Are you home?  (12:15 Am)

Chaeng : Asleep?                (12:18 Am)

It was just two texts which was sent three minutes apart but it was enough to make Mina feels warm. To know there is still someone who cares about her is worthless for her. She wants to see the younger so bad, her heart is asking for Chaeyoung's presence right now.

' Is it like missing? or longing? ' Mina thinks and it is kind of hilarious for her to be excited over two texts in this age. But it is Chaeyoung who brought some missing vocabularies, that has disappeared since she was young, back into Mina's life again. And she knows her glass layer has been crashed down by the younger's warmth. She never wanted it to happened before but if it is Chaeyoung, she want to give a try, no matter what. She wants to show the younger all of her flaws and she wants Chaeyoung to be with her even when she is at her lowest. Mina calls Chaeyoung but she did not expect the younger will pick up right away

" Hello.. Mina ssi, are you home? " Chaeyoung hesitates when she hears soft chuckles from the other side.

" So... you're waiting for my call? " Mina asked and it got the younger frustrated, she regrets constantly for picking up within a second. 

' I'd have waited a little longer. She's gonna tease me now, damn ' Chaeyoung says in her mind.

" What do you mean!? NO! I was just... I was just... you know.. uh.. "

" You really suck at lying, Chaeng. " Mina breathed out. Chaeyoung caught how Mina just gave her a nickname. No one has ever called her like this and she loves it more than being called " kid " or " Chaeyoung ssi " by the older.

" I'm sorry... I fell asleep. I'd have called you first. Now, I made Chaengnie worried.. "

' It's really unhealthy for my heart to fall in love. I mean what should I do when my heart is beating like a crazy just by hearing her soft voice? Oh if Mina keeps doing this, I think I might pass out as soon as we hang up ' She whispers herself.

" Hmm.. that's right. You're bad, Mina. " She can imagine Mina's smiley eyes when she hears her tiny giggles.

" Chaeng.. " The younger's heart beats two times faster over Mina's serious tone of calling her name. She knows, if Mina keeps doing this, she has no choice but to fall harder, more and more. 

" I miss you " Mina mumbles making the younger's head dizzy because she feels like her heart is about to burst out.

" I wanna see you so bad right now, Chaeng. But I'm so exhausted, I think I need to rest. "

" Who said I want to see you?? I'm gonna hang up. I just wanted to know if you're still alive or not. Go sleep back. " The younger manages to act cool although Mina knows her mind without being told.

" Wait, kid.. Come to my house at 7pm tomorrow. You gotta pay back for guitar.. and don't worry about your part-time job. I'll talk to Momo " Mina does not leave Chaeyoung a chance to refuse.

" Okay then, send me your location later. "

" hmm.. I'll.. " Mina murmured. The younger feels awkward when they become silent but no one wants to hang up first either. So, they just stuck like that for a few minutes until Mina speaks.

" Chaeng.. I love you. " Mina did not hope the younger to respond the same as she knows a younger like Chaeyoung who has no experience about love needs a lot of time to figure things out. She said it because she just want to let her know she is serious when it comes to the younger.

" Well.. Goodnight, Chaeng. Sleep tight " Then, Mina hang up as she does not want the younger feel like being pushed out.

" I think.. I love you too, Mina " Chaeyoung whispered herself.

Mina's pov

" Tell me the truth. Did you meditate as I told? " Jihyo asked me and I just answered her with a toothy smile and she knows what my smile means.

" Mina!! Mina, just go see another therapist. What did I even do in my past life to deserve this? Why is my life so hard? " This woman is being dramatic again. However, no matter what she says, she is the only friend of my school life who knows literally everything about me. It is very convenient for me when she became a therapist.

" Mina, listen.. these pills have side-effects and you can't depend on them for your whole life. You need to put more effort to heal yourself too. " 

She is treating me like a patient again. Well, it is right tho. My problem is just an insomnia. Although it does not seem a serious issue to me, for Park Jihyo, it is an extremely important problem which is the beginning of many diseases.

" Doctor. Jihyo, look, I told you. It doesn't work on me. Everytime, I try to close my eyes and meditate, all I see is faces of Kai and mom and all I hear is water splash sounds of that day. It scares me, Jihyo. I can't do it. "

She is looking at me with that look again. I hate to be pitied by people around me. I still remember how Momo and her parents looked at me on that day. Whenever people know what my past, they treat me with those pitiful eyes, everyone except Chaeyoung. She is the only one made me feel relieved. She makes me feel like I don't need to act strong around her.

" Mina then, don't close your eyes. We need to try another method. You can do opposite then, try opening your eyes and relax your mind. Just let your soul flow wherever it wants, don't try to limit your thoughts. You can just look something delightful for your mind and try this method. Get it? " I nodded in approval as I know she wants me to get well more than I do. But I don't know when I can stop those nightmares or when those nightmares stop chasing me. 

" I'll try, Jihyo "