Ep_14

Third person's pov

" MIna! Why is your gate open like hell? What if someone get inside and harm you? " Chaeyoung nagged Mina immediately she got inside but she found the older spacing out on the couch with a laptop on her laps.

" Mina!! " Chaeyoung shouts her name which makes Mina jolts and greets with her gummy smile as soon as she sees the younger. She opens her arms wide like a penguin, asking for a hug and pouts when Chaeyoung just ignored her, sits down onto the different couch.

" I bet you won't know even someone kidnaps you. " Mina chuckles over the younger's exaggeration and moves her laptop onto the table.

" I asked what if a stranger get inside and hurt you? Isn't it dangerous for a girl to live alone? You'd be more careful, Mina. " The older can't help but smile, she feels so good to be scolded and worried by Chaeyoung.

" Then.. why don't you move in and stay with me? " Chaeyoung rolled her eyes as if she does not like the idea of living together with the older. 

" Don't worry, Chaeng. My dad hired his men-securities for me and I told them to open the gate wide for my special guest. " Mina said and stands up, moving her heels to the kitchen which is visible from the living room.

" Oh really? How comes I didn't see them? " Chaeyoung said under her breath in a suspicious tone while her eyes are following along with Mina who is busy at the kitchen counter. She then comes back with two cups in her hand.

" They really are there Son Chaeyoung ssi. I told them it's okay to stay at somewhere else 'cause they don't need to stand at the gate the whole day. It's not like I'm Queen Elizabeth. " Mina says a joke effortlessly and puts down a cup of pink-milk for the younger which makes Chaeyoung glare at her.

" Are you kidding me? " Chaeyoung asked the older who is taking a sip of her green tea.

" Aren't you a kid? " The younger rolled her eyes at Mina's joke for second time.

Mina takes a glance to make sure the younger is not upset about giving her milk. Also there is no way Chaeyoung will get upset about giving her pink-milk but it hurts her pride somehow as a  bartender. When Mina sees the younger is about to get sulky, she knows she needs to fix it. She can't live without annoying the younger.

" Why?? I even prepared strawberry milk for you 'cause I heard you don't like milk. Enjoy it.. probably, it will help you grow a few millimeters. " Mina tries hard not to laugh while talking and keeps avoiding Chaeyoung's dead-stare on her.

" Nonsense.. anyway, what were you doing when I came in? " 

Mina takes her guitar the younger chose only for her and checks if there is dust on it while listening to Chaeyoung's question. When she puts her fingers on the strings, she feels a little uncomfortable as this is her first time holding guitar this close.

" I was spacing out or shall I call it meditating? " Mina just noticed the strings are really hard for her fingers. 

" Anyway, why are you sitting there? C'mon, I won't bite you, come sit here, you gotta teach me guitar, don't you? " Mina said but the younger does not move an inch from her place. She crossed her legs and her arms on her chest, sitting like a boss, Son Chaeyoung.

" I need to tell you two things before I will show you how to play guitar. First, spacing out is a totally different thing from meditating. "  Chaeyoung  initiates her talk while Mina is so ready to listen carefully to whatever the younger is going to say because she loves the way Chaeyoung acts like a boss.

" Spacing out is like letting your mind free. So, you might keep thinking just whatever. In other words, it is letting your thoughts scattered. " Mina keeps nodding with a big smile on her face, rooting for the younger, so that she won't lose confidence in her speech. 

" Meditation is gathering all of your scattered thoughts in one place. Do you get it? " When Chaeyoung asked the older, raising her eyebows, Mina clapped for the younger's short speech and nodded like the cleverest student in the class. 

" Second thing is.. how you gonna play guitar with those long nails " Chaeyoung said which makes Mina spread her fingers and looks down as if she did not know when her nails got longer.

" So, do I need to cut all of them? " Chaeyoung shakes her head and gives Mina her nail clipper she took from home.

" Since only left fingers are necessary to hold chords, cut them. " Mina took nail clipper from the younger and smiles, thinking how Chaeyoung pays attention on every detail about her.

" Do it for me, come here. " Mina puts guitar aside and pats sofa as she wants Chaeyoung to sit next to her and cut her nails.

" Don't stare at me like that. It hurts my softie heart, kid. I mean I can't cut them properly with only hand.. " Mina tries selling her excuse and Chaeyoung is not buying it.

" C'mon, Chaengnie.. please? " Mina knows the younger's weak spot she can't resist. When the older start acting cute, Chaeyoung immediately stands up and moves beside Mina without a word like a buff guy who has a weak spot for kittens.

" Give me your hand. And stay still. I can't tell I won't cut your fingers by accident. "

" Are you sure you won't regret later for cutting my fingers? " It gives the younger goosebumps that Mina speaks closer to her ears. Chaeyoung slaps the older's thigh as soon as she realize Mina's dirty joke. Mina groans in pain but also she loves to see the younger's red cheeks.

" Shut up! Stop saying nonsenses. I still can't understand why my mom loves you so much. " Chaeyoung said while cutting Mina's nails and there is Mina, just enjoying the way the younger holds her hand.

" To be honest, I hated you when I was young because my mom usually spent her time with you more than me. " Chaeyoung continues. Mina's face is only a few inches away from the younger which makes her doesn't dare to turn her head as she can feel Mina's  breathes over her cheek.

" But may be I should thank you for it. My mom always tell me to think positive in any situation and I got good habits from it that makes my life much easier to face its challenges. "

" But Chaeng, don't you feel.. pity on me for.... you know.. my parents and... " Chaeyoung notices Mina is hesitating to recall her past, so, she interrupts the older, not letting her think about those painful memories again.

" Not at all, Mina. Honestly, I admired when I knew about you.. though I don't want to admit. " Chaeyoung said and turns her head a little to see Mina's face as she thinks the older became quiet after mentioning her past.

" Come think of it.. you are strong and independent enough to live without your parents since you were little. If I were you, I might just give up. You are really amazing, Mina. " It shocked the younger when Mina puts her head on her shoulder and wraps her arms around her waist all of sudden. Chaeyoung acknowledges her heart melted under the sudden attack of Mina.

" What if.. what if I'm totally different from what you have known? What if.. I'm a weak person and always need someone to lean on? " Mina said in her tiny and low voice but still enough for Chaeyoung to hear everything. Mina sounds like she is about cry in next minute.

" Even if you are a person like that, you're still you. You're still amazing for me. You are already perfect with your true self, Mina. Trust me. You don't need to pretend strong. " Mina knows Chaeyoung is not even trying hard to comfort her but she feels so secure to hear.

" Chaeng... I lo- " Before Mina finished eight words, her phone suddenly rings which causes Mina clean her throat and pulls up her body from the younger. It makes Chaeyoung feels embarrassed and awkward that the atmosphere changed out of blue. 

" Hello, Hwasa.. "

Mina then gestured her to stop cutting her nails and walked out to the upstairs just to talk her call, leaving the younger dumbfounded. But it did not make her upset that Mina left to take a call, what made her upset is the name she just called. Because she knows who is Hwasa. A VIP customer of Boo bar and she knows it is obviously not a business call.