Ep_18

Third person's pov

" Mina, can you give me a hundred reasons why I ended up coming to your house? " Mina picks up her guitar and shrugs at Chaeyoung. The younger sighs as she knows Mina is using her own spell against her.

" Mina, listen.. Let's get it real. You don't need to learn how to play guitar. You are a CEO.. you don't even have time for that. "

" But didn't you said you'll pay me back for guitar " Mina said with her poker face, still having some signs of jealousy on it.

" Yes, I did. And I'll re-pay you for sur- "

" I won't accept cash " Mina interrupted.

" Well, may be I can pay you back in another way. " Chaeyoung said carelessly without knowing it'd make Mina's devious smile.

" Really? " Mina asked, still can't hide her big smile while Chaeyoung still doesn't get what's going on here.

" Ye.. yes? " She tilts her head and starts to doubt about their conversation that the older is misleading somewhere.

" If you say so, Chaeyoung ssi.. " Mina whispers herself and playfully grabs the younger's thigh which makes Chaeyoung almost jump.

" No! No.. no.. I don't mean it that way. You pervert! " It was the time Chaeyoung realized, just before she is about to hunted.

" Let's.. let's.. just learn... another chord. " Chaeyoung stutter and lead Mina's hand on her thigh back onto strings.

Then Chaeyoung show Mina G chord and some basic beating patterns. It was true that Mina has no interest in learning guitar at first but she feels like she started to enjoy playing now. May be it's because she got a cute teacher?

" Woah.. that sounds right. You've improved a lot. " Mina stick out her tongue a little and smile like an elementary student who is praised by her favorite teacher for the first time.

" Your fingers don't hurt anymore? " Mina nodded and let Chaeyoung touch her fingers proudly.

" Woah.. they're getting hard.. " Chaeyoung uttered while caressing the older's fingers and something that made her chin up is when Mina intertwines their fingers slowly. Neither of them tries to break their eye contact or their touch. The atmosphere in the room became so silent and calm that they can hear their own heartbeats and they let them beat for each other.

Mina made first move by leaning forwards to the younger's face. Chaeyoung started to feel dizzy under the dark eyes of Mina, so, she just closed her eyes, keeping the last sight of Mina's mole and eyes getting closer. Just before their lips touch, the sky teased them with a loud thunder sound which make both startled.

' Oh shit ' Mina internally curse at the sky while Chaeyoung, blushing so madly as if she has never been kissed by the older.

" It's raining heavily all of sudden. " Chaeyoung try to change topic quick as Mina turn aside to put down guitar on her thigh.

" Yeah. I think I won't stop easily. " Both of them nodded in agreement until Chaeyoung notices Mina is staring at her with a creepy smile.

" Mi.. Mina? "

-

" Kid, come sleep with me. I promise I won't land a finger on you. Please? Chaeng? " Mina got pouted when the one lying on the floor shakes her head with eyes closed. The older stares at Chaeyoung for a few seconds to make sure her eyes are really closed before she lift her cover up and try to come down onto the floor.

" Mina.. you better sleep now unless you want me to sleep on the couch. " Mina sigh and lie down back on her bed when the younger told her.

" You are the worst, Chaeng " Mina whispers herself out of dissatisfaction but loud enough to be heard by the younger.

" You're welcome " Chaeyoung said sarcastically before she rolls the other side.

Mina's pov

I look down my hands. There are full of chewy jellies that my little brother loves so much in them. I speed up my steps as I know he must be waiting for me. He looks cutest he jump out of happiness whenever I give him jellies without my mom knowing. Because my mom does not allow him to eat jelly as he has cavities on his teeth.

That is why he got so excited for jelly. I can't wait to see his reaction again. When I look straight, I saw a familiar pool which slow down my legs. Is that the pool of my parents' home? Am I at their home? Wait. Then I heard loud splash sounds coming from the pool.

" NOOOOOOOO!!!! KAI!!! " I scream my lungs out and run toward the pool as fast as I can. But when I look down the pool, I am taken aback because the pool was covered in blood. And a floating body sudden appear in it. That similar green polo shirt. It is my little brother.

" Kai!!!! " I call his name out with my eyes closed but when I open my eyes again, all I can see is white ceiling.

My chest aches since my heart is beating so fast as if it is about to burst out in any time. I sit up and press my chest, trying to catch breath between my intense pantings. My whole is soaked in my cold sweat. I fold my knees and insert my shaking hands into my hair, hiding my face and tears between my knees. I close my eyes and try to stay still for a moment without thinking anything but a sudden thought shocked me.

' I am not alone '

I turn my head as soon as I remember Chaeng is next to me. Oh I fucked up. She is staring at me with shocked eyes and frozen body.

" Mina.. " She mumbled under her breath. I bit my lower lip when I feel my nails are inserting into my palm. I never really wanted to show her this image of me. I hate it. I hate myself being like this.

" Can I.. can I sleep next to you? " I murmured while keeping my head down as I don't want to face her. She then place her pillow beside mine and lie down on my bed without a word. She is facing the ceiling and I have no desire face it when I already have a nice view. I turn my body and fold my arm to use it as a pillow. She is not saying anything but she is not closing her eyes either.

" Ask me, Chaeng.. " I said as I see her face with full of questions, yet chose not to ask. She then copy my position which makes our nose apart only a few inches.

" Was it scary? Are you scared now? " She asked under her breath and it made my throat dry out of sudden. I think my voice will crack if I speak right now, so, I swallow first.

" so much.. Chaeng.. It was so scary. "

She pulls me into her chest when she saw my tears rolling down and let me cry in her warm embrace. It has been like ages that I have not cried this hard and also I did not let myself cry alone. Because I just let myself suffocated instead of crying out loud. I hate to cry, I hate to be weak in front of those pitying looks. Chaeyoung gives light pats on my back till I stop crying and fall asleep. I felt so relieved to cry in her chest. I felt so safe to be locked between her arms. It was the warmest night I have ever slept in my life.