12

The following week in our apartment had a constant dreary mood to it.  Everyone was tired and heartbroken.  Ara moved in with us for the time being and although it made things much more crowded, I was happy to have my two best friends living with me.

After the big fight, most of my time was consumed by comforting Ara and helping her feel better.  I didn't get a chance to even think about Minho, let alone address the situation.  By this point, I was hoping that he forgot about our drunk kiss and moved on.

Even so, I felt really uneasy about whatever the hell was going on between us.  I had a really good feeling about Minho and I when we first started to get close but now, I was beyond confused.  I brushed it aside for the time being, not wanting to even think about us just yet.

"Hey Hana?" Ara asked.  We were all lounging about on the couch, not doing much.

"Yeah?" I replied, turning off my phone and facing her.

"What's happening between you and Minho?"

Ugh not this question again.

I told Ara the entire story, from how we confessed to each other during the amusement park, to how I went to his place to help him move, and to how he acted over text recently.

"So you guys are also... fighting," Ara concluded.

"I guess so," I chuckled.  We were two best friends going through boy drama and the same time.

We spent our time together doing so many things, trying to just forget about all our problems.  And for the most part, it worked.  Minho and I haven't talked for three weeks since that party.  Aside from the occasional thoughts about him that crossed my mind, Minho was out of the picture.  While Ara and Jisung eventually made up and my best friend moved out, I was still stuck in a gray area with Minho.

Until, on one fine Saturday night, he called me.

"Hanaaaa," he dragged out as soon as I answered the call.

"What do you want Minho?" I snapped, my voice shaky.

"I miss youuu," he whined, talking in a cutesy voice that made me want to gag.

"Oh my god, are you drunk?" I asked, figuring out his weird behavior.

"Yes I am! I came to this super cool bar to drink because I'm sad."

"Why are you sad?"

"You see, there's this girl that I really really like," Minho explained as I felt a sinking feeling in my stomach.

So all this time he had a crush on someone else? As if everything we had just didn't exist??

"Her name is Hana."

Oh.

"And she's really really pretty and beautiful and hot," Minho talked on and on.  "I like her a lot but we haven't talked in so so long!"

"Why do you think you guys haven't talked in a long time?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"I'm a dick," he sighed.  "I want to talk to her but I can't."

"Why not?" I urged, trying to get the answer to the question I had for a month.

"I just really want to be with her always," Minho sighed, completely ignoring me.  "I miss kissing her and I miss just being around her."

There were no words I could've used to describe the emotions I was feeling at that moment.  A small part of me felt bad for him.  Something was holding him back from being with me.  It was clear we both had feelings for each other.