15

To say I was nervous to go to Changbin's would be a severe understatement.  I haven't seen Minho since our big fight at his apartment, which happened over a week ago.  While I convinced myself that I was over him, I knew deep down inside that I wasn't.  I was scared what seeing him again would do to me.

I put little effort into my outfit, throwing on a jumpsuit and tying my hair into a low ponytail.  I added a few pieces of gold jewelry,  applied a bit of mascara and lip gloss, and I was good to go.

Felix and I went together, arriving at Changbin's place in no time.  

"Happy birthday!" Felix and I exclaimed as soon as Changbin opened the door.  We both immediately lunged in for a group hug.

"Thank you guys," he muttered, trying to push us away.  After a lot of struggling, Changbin finally managed to squirm out of our hold.

We followed Changbin in, seeing that a few of the others had already arrived.

"JAE!" I shouted, running up to her and giving her a hug as well.

"Hi Hana!" Jae greeting, laughing.  We pulled away and greeted the others.

Slowly, the rest of the gang showed up.  Everyone except Minho.

"Where is he?" Changbin groaned.  "He literally asked for a birthday party but then just doesn't show up??"

"I'll try calling him," Jisung suggested, pulling out his phone.  The room was completely silent, except for the phone ringing, waiting to connect.  After a few more rings, the call eventually went to voicemail and Jisung shook his head, disappointed.

"It's not like him to just not show up without telling anyone," Chan said, as the rest of the boys agreed.

"You would think he'd at least tell me," Changbin commented, a little put off by the entire situation.  Felix seemed to notice and was quick to try and cheer him up.

"Come on Binnie, don't let Minho ruin your special day.  Something else probably came up for him.  Let's just forget about it and enjoy ourselves!"

"Okay, I guess you're right," Changbin sighed.

The entire situation just didn't feel right to me, even with Felix's comforting words.  What Chan said was true, Minho isn't the type of person to just not show up without any warning.  

What exactly happened to him?

I began thinking of the worst possible scenarios, beginning to grow a little worried.  

Could he have gotten into an accident? Maybe a family emergency? Or maybe he-

"Hana!" Ara shouted, shaking me, immediately removing me from my thoughts.  "You zoned out for a bit, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," I reassure her, throwing on a fake smile that I was sure Ara saw past.

"Okay in that case, let's start eating!" Changbin exclaimed, guiding us all to his kitchen.  There was a wide assortment of snacks, mainly junk food that I'm sure was going to give me diabetes just by looking at it.

"YOU GOT BROWNIES?" Jeongin shouted, quickly grabbing a plate and filling it up with just brownies.

"I knew you liked them Jeongin," Changbin chuckled, grabbing a plate of his own.

Slowly, the rest of us also filled our plates with food and began heading to the living room.

"Hey Hana?"

I turned around to see Jisung behind me, trying to get my attention.  Confused, I responded.  "Yeah Jisung, what's up?"

"Do you mind if we talk?"

Uh oh, that's never good.

"Talk about what exactly? Is it something about you and Ara?  Are you having second thoughts? Because I promise you Ara is the sweetest human being ever and-"

"No Hana, it's about you."

Oh.

"Me?" I asked, not believing him.

"Yeah, you.  And well uh..." Jisung trailed off but he didn't have to say the name for me to know who he was talking about.

"Okay fine, let's go into another room," I sighed, making my way to Changbin's guest bedroom.  I wasn't sure why I agreed on talking about Minho since that topic in general was hard for me to even think about without feeling such strong emotions.  I guess I just needed to face them properly instead of always pushing them away.

Jisung shut the door softly and turned to me, getting straight to the point.  "What's going on between you two?"

Why does everyone keep asking me that??

"Didn't Minho already tell you everything?" I asked, rolling my eyes.  I was sure Minho already told Jisung about how much of a "jerk" I was.

"He told me about how obsessed he was about you a few weeks ago but then went dead silent," Jisung explained, surprising me.  "Did you do anything that hurt him?"

"Did I do anything? Are you fucking kidding me? Why don't you ask Minho about it? I'm sure he'll tell you all about it," I yelled.  I was still completely shaken from the way Minho talked to me that morning and having Jisung accuse me like that set off something inside me.

"Okay okay, I'm sorry I assumed you did something," Jisung said quickly.  "It's just Minho's never been this distant towards me and I was getting worried."

"Join the club," I scoffed.  "Listen I'm sorry he's treating you like that but I have nothing to do with Minho anymore so if you could avoid that topic moving forward, that would be greatly appreciated."

A thick silence hung in the air as Jisung and I just stood there, Jisung processing everything I had just said.  After a long few seconds, he finally nodded his head.

"I didn't know that's how you feel towards him now," Jisung confessed.  "I'm really sorry for bringing you here to talk about this Hana, I won't bother you about this again, I promise."

Hearing those words felt as if a giant weight had been lifted off my shoulders.  "Thank you, Jisung."

Minho POV

I should've went to Changbin's party.

Or at the very least, I should've let Changbin know I wouldn't be there.

I'm such a horrible friend.

I groaned in frustration, my own thoughts making me go insane.  The main and really only reason that I refused to go was because of Hana.

It's not that I hate her. Quite the opposite, actually.  I just didn't know how I would handle myself if I saw her again.

Keeping Hana far away from me actually worked.  For like, the first week.

After that, she was the only person consuming my mind, day and night.

I began questioning whether or not I made the right choice to leave her like that.  Every single inch of my brain was telling me that I did make the right choice, and that I just saved myself from yet another heartbreak.  However, my heart was screaming the exact opposite.  It's just that I was muffling it as much as I could.

But as the days dragged on, it became harder and harder to keep Hana away.  My body itched to send her a text message, see her beautiful face and kiss those incredibly soft lips.

I tried to think if I had ever felt such a constant and strong attraction towards a person before.  The only instance that came to mind ended in a complete disaster.  Who's to say this won't be the same?

I'm running circles inside my own mind.  I'm going to explode if I keep this up.

Completely drained, I decided it was finally time to let Jisung know what has been consuming my mind for the past few weeks.  If anyone could give me advice and comfort, it was him.