22

Ara:
hey bitch

You:
heyy
whats up

Ara:
wanna go to the movies
just u and me
i miss our bestie dates :(

You:
hell yeah
i'm so down
how does ramen afterwards sound?

Ara:
mmm i was hoping
we could go a bit fancier?

You:
oH
sure let's do it
my bank account will be screaming
but that's ok
anything for u <3

Ara:
it's ok mine too 😭
ahh perfect then!
so make sure u dress up a lil

You:
is that rly necessary? 🙄

Ara:
cmonnn let's look classy
we're eating at a fancy place
i feel like looking hot asf tn

You:
mmm ok fine ig
so what's the dress code?

Ara:
dresses?

You:
W H A T  WHYY

Ara:
DO IT FOR THE CLASSINESS
PLS

You:
UGH FINE OMG
WHY ARE U MY BSF ISTG

Ara:
aww love u too
😘

You:
yeah yeah
i'll meet u at the movies then?

Ara:
yup perfecttt
see u in 30 ;)

You:
hahah cant wait <3

One thing that I absolutely loved about Ara was her spontaneity so when she suggest movie and dinner, I was all on board.  I took a quick shower and curled my hair, just for the fun of it.  I decided to go with a red dress.  It had a plunging neckline and was very fitted at the waist.  The dress was somewhat flowy but it also had that classy vibe Ara was so insistent on.  I paired my look with gold jewelry, some makeup, and a simple pair of heels.

After saying my goodbyes to Felix, I headed out, driving to the movie theater.

"Hey, where are you?" I asked Ara over the phone as I sat in the movie theater parking lot.

"I'm inside, right next to the ticket place," Ara explained.  "Come inside!"

"Alright, making my way over there now," I smiled as I got out of the car.  While I got a few weird looks from people as I walked into the building due to my red dress, I didn't really care.  Instead, I focused on finding my best friend.

"Hey Ara!" I greeted once I found her, running to hug her.  She was wearing a deep, emerald green bodycon dress that hugged her curves perfectly.  As we broke apart from the hug, I spotted another familiar person behind her.

"Jisung? What are you doing here?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Hey Jisung!" a voice said from behind me.  A very familiar voice, actually.

I whipped my head around, completely surprised to see Minho standing there.  We both spotted  each other and our eyes widened as we gave everyone confused looks as to what was going on.

"What are you doing here?" Minho and I said at the same time.  Both of us turned to Jisung and Ara for answers.

"Double date...?" Ara said sheepishly.

"Are you kidding me? What happened to being classy best friends and 'just you and me'?" I asked, mentally face palming myself.  I should've known that Ara was up to something.

"Ouch," Minho chuckled at my remarks.  I turned to him, still confused.

"You knew about this too?"

"What? No!" Minho clarified.  "Jisung invited me to the movies and a 'fancy restaurant' after.  I had no clue they were planning this," Minho said, pointing to the couple in front of us.

"Great, so now we just have to sit here third wheeling while you two are all lovey dovey?" I asked, slightly annoyed.

"I mean..." Ara trailed off.

"You guys have each other," Jisung pointed out, as if it was obvious.

"I can't believe you two," I muttered as I stood in line to enter the movies.  "Let's just watch this movie already."

"Oh and I already bought four seats," Jisung said.  "in two different rows."

"Of course you did, Jisung," I sighed, giving him my best forced smile.  "That's just splendid, isn't it?"

Ara and Jisung were trying their best to keep it together and not laugh at what they've done.  I simply ignored it as Minho looked on amusingly.

After getting our tickets checked, we waited in line for food.  As I scanned the menu, Minho approached me.

"Do you want to share a bucket of popcorn?" he asked.  "I think it goes without saying that we're going to be sitting next to each other."

"Yeah, sounds good," I smiled.  Minho went ahead and ordered a large bucket of popcorn as well as a drink for himself.  I was up next and decided to just get a drink for myself as well.

"Let me know how much the popcorn was, we can split the cost," I told him.  I felt bad that he paid for the whole thing and it was only fair that we split the cost since we were sharing it.  Not to mention, movie theater popcorn was really overpriced anyways.

"No no, that's okay," Minho reassured me as we began walking to the theater.

"No, I insist," I stated.  "We're sharing it so let's just split the cost."

"Just consider this as a kind gesture," Minho shrugged.

"As if you're capable of doing that," I scoffed playfully.  Thankfully, as we entered our theater, ads were still playing, which meant we didn't miss any of the movie.

"Hey I can be nice once in a while," Minho chuckled.  Just then, a group of teenagers were passing us, which meant we had to squeeze through in the already narrow hallway.  In one swift motion, Minho wrapped an arm around my waist to pull me closer, to avoid the big group.  Our bodies were now touching as he took the opportunity to lean down, near my ear.

"By the way, you look absolutely stunning in that red dress," he whispered, his arm still around my waist.

My cheeks suddenly turned a dark pink and I was grateful the lighting was fairly dim.  

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself," I replied coolly, trying not to show my frazzled internal state.

In reality, Minho looked drop dead gorgeous as he wore a button down shirt that was loosely tucked into a pair of dress pants.  It was one of the fanciest I've seen him in and to be frank, I couldn't keep my eyes off of him.

Now I get why Ara and Jisung wanted to go to a fancy restaurant.