25

After a lot of waiting, we finally got our sushi.  I wasted no time as I grabbed my pair of chopsticks and began stuffing the delicious food into my mouth.

"You're going to choke on your food," Minho said, observing me.

"If I die choking on eating sushi, I'll die happy," I replied, my mouth full of food.  This sushi was unlike anything I've ever had and from the first bite alone, I knew that this place was definitely worth the money.

"You're crazy," Minho chuckled, shaking his head.  "What's your favorite type of sushi?"

"That's hard, maybe the spicy tuna or shrimp tempura," I replied.

"And your least favorite?"

"Why do you want to know?" I asked, skeptical of where this was going.

"Just answer the question," Minho said, rolling his eyes.

"Maybe the salmon, I don't know," I replied.  It was hard to rank sushi when all of them were so good.

Minho grabbed his chopsticks to start eating as well, picking up the salmon sushi roll first.

The dinner went by rather smoothly as we maintained a chill, quiet conversation.  Every now and then, I glanced over to Ara and Jisung's table to see them also enjoying themselves.

"Would you like the bill?" the waiter asked after we finished our desserts.

"Yes please," Minho nodded, beginning to take out his wallet.

"Woah woah woah, what are you doing?" I asked as he took out his credit card.

"Paying for the dinner?" Minho said as if it was obvious.

"We're splitting the cost," I stated, leaving no room for discussion.  I took out my wallet as well but Minho reached over to grab my hand, stopping me from opening up my purse.

"No we're not," he replied, leaning over the table.  His eyes were intently trained on me as he said that, sending a shiver down my spine.

"Besides, after everything Ara and Jisung put you through, I think you deserve it," Minho explained, gently letting go of my hand.

"They put you through the same exact thing they put me through!  Besides, you already paid for the popcorn at the movies," I argued.

"Oh please, the popcorn was nothing," Minho fired back.  As we continued bickering, the waiter brought the bill and hesitantly set it down on the table.  Before I even got a chance to react, Minho grabbed the bill and put his credit card in it, quickly handing it back to the waiter.

My mouth was left hanging wide open as Minho smiled victoriously.  He sat back in his seat, slouching a little as he crossed his arms.

"You are such a bitch," I scoffed.  "Next time, I'm paying."

"There's going to be a next time?"

Well, shit.

"Shut up, you know what I mean," I sighed, wanting this conversation to be over.

Once the waiter returned Minho's card back to him, the two of us got up, ready to leave.

"Where'd Ara and Jisung go?" I said, glancing over at their empty table.  I checked my phone to see if Ara said anything.

Ara:
hey bae
we're leavingg
u two take ur time
seems like ur having fun ;)
we'll talk soon ok?
love youu <3

You:
ohoh we better be having a talk
i hate you

Ara:
😘