24

For the first few minutes of the ride, there was a comfortable silence between the two of us. My mind wandered to Ara and Jisung's weird "double date" of a plan and why they felt the need to plan out something so fancy.

"I guess they're really trying to set us up," Minho laughed softly pulling me out of my thoughts.

It was as if he was reading my mind.

"Yeah, I don't know why they felt the need to do so," I chuckled uneasily. After the two of us decided to "start over" again, I refused to even think of the possibility of being with Minho romantically.  To be quite honest, I was scared of it.  Technically, we already tried once and that ended up being a huge mess.  Once again, Minho seemed to somehow know what I was thinking.

"Hey listen, whatever Jisung and Ara are trying to do here, we don't need to follow any of that.  I've enjoyed spending time with you this past week, regardless of 'what we are'.  Just like you said, I'm more than willing to take things slow, so let's just take this opportunity to chill and eat some amazing sushi."

"I couldn't agree more," I smiled, grateful Minho and I were on the same page.  It was comforting to know that both of us were clear on where we stood, unlike the first time.

As I continued driving through the bustling night life of Seoul, I decided to play some music softly in the background.  The vibes were so right and I immediately began relaxing.

"Night time drives with music are the best," Minho smiled, leaning his head back.  I glanced over only to be met with a perfect view of his jawline and side profile.  He darted his eyes over to me as well, catching me staring.  However, instead of teasing me about it like usual, he simply smiled back at me, causing the butterflies in my stomach to flutter even more.

I quickly returned the smile before going back to focusing on the road.  The rest of the ride was filled with light chatter as well as singing along to the music that was playing.  I also discovered that Minho was actually pretty good at singing as well.

Like seriously, is there anything this guy can't do??

Finally, we arrived at the restaurant.  I pulled into a parking spot and checked my phone, to be greeted with a text from Ara saying that she and Jisung were waiting at the entrance.

Minho and I got out of the car and quickly spotted them, walking over.

"How was the ride here?" Jisung asked suggestively.

"Quit it with that face," Minho said in disgust.  "You're so weird."

"Enough chit chat, I'm ready to eat some sushi!" I exclaimed, dragging the rest of them into the restaurant.  As we entered, I suddenly felt glad that I decided to wear the dress.  The building was the definition of upscale as the lighting was rather dim and the place was decorated to perfection.  The people eating there were all dressed in formal attire, only quietly chatting as they ate their food.

"Hello," a waiter greeted, approaching us.  "Table for four?"

"Actually," Ara began.  "We aren't together so if we could get a table for two, that would be great," she smiled, pointing towards Jisung.

"Oh my apologies, I didn't know you were two separate parties," the waiter quickly apologized.  "Right then, I'll lead you two to your table."

And just like that, Ara and Jisung were gone, leaving Minho and I once again.  What a surprise.

The waiter returned, ready to take us to our table as well.  Minho and I followed him to a table in the far corner of the building, right next to a big window.

"Here is your table," the waiter gestured to the two seats.  Minho and I sat down and the waiter handed us our menus.

"Let me know when you're ready to order!" he said.  And with that, he left the two of us.

I looked around to see where Ara and Jisung were sitting, but I couldn't find them at all.

"They're in that far corner, next to the painting," Minho pointed after seeing me struggle.

"You know what, at least they can't annoy us anymore," I turned back around to face Minho, smiling.  

"Yes, I finally get you all to myself," Minho replied, slightly smirking.  His remark make my cheeks hot as I tried my best to cover it up.

"What do you want to order?" I asked, quickly changing the topic.  I lifted the menu up to my face so he couldn't see my flustered mess.

"Whatever you want," Minho answered, shrugging.  "As long as it's sushi, I'll eat anything."

"Me too," I nodded, still scanning the menu.  Eventually, we decided to share a large platter of many different varieties of sushi so that we didn't have to choose.  We ordered and the waiter took our menus away.

"Did I tell you how hot you look tonight?" Minho asked as soon as the waiter left our table.  His question caught me by surprise and I was suddenly very aware of my outfit.

"I think you already mentioned it, yes," I replied, trying my best to keep my cool.  "Why so suddenly?"

"Red is your color, it suits you so well," Minho said satisfied, leaning back in his chair.

"I can rock any color, mind you," I teased.  There was no way I was letting this man get to me like that tonight.

"I'm sure you can," he nodded.  "But red makes you look like such a badass."

"You better stop complimenting me like that unless you want me to turn into the color of this dress," I warned, narrowing my eyes.

"And if I don't stop?"

"God you're absolutely impossible," I sighed, shaking my head in disappointment.

"And yet you still put up with it," Minho observed in amusement.