19

"You WHAT?!" Ara yelled, causing a few nearby heads to turn.  After we had to cancel our dinner plans last night, Ara, Felix, and I decided to meet up for lunch today instead.  Naturally, I was filling them in on everything that had happened last night.

"Can you be any louder?" I scoffed playfully, rolling my eyes.  "Yes, I agreed to start over."

Ara and Felix sat there in silence, processing everything I had just told them.  I stared at them intently, trying to read their facial expressions.

"So... you guys are together now?" Felix asked uneasily.

"What? No!" I clarified quickly.  "I said we can start over, but no strings attached.  Whatever happened, we leave behind and start over as friends."

Ara slowly nodded, still skeptical of everything I was saying.  "And you think you guys are going to stay as friends?"

I paused to think about it for a moment.  Sure, I knew that there was a possibility of us getting together but I didn't want to entertain that thought for long.

"I'm not sure, I'd rather not think about that," I sighed.  "Whatever we do, it's going to be slow and well communicated.  A do over, basically."

"That sounds like an amazing plan," Felix nodded approvingly.  "I'm glad you guys are working things out like this, I've always believed in you two from the start."

"Yeah, yeah," I waved him off, trying to prevent my face from becoming a deep shade of pink.

"Felix is right," Ara affirmed.  "Even Jisung never shuts up about the two of you."

I buried my head in my hands, wanting to disappear from the situation.  I did not want to think about Minho and I becoming a thing, at least not right now.

"I think it goes without saying, but we need regular updates about this," Ara said sternly, leaving no room for argument.

"Yes ma'am," I nodded, knowing I was going to anyways.

***

Minho:

hey
so this new cat cafe opened up
it's rly close to your place actually
and i was wondering
if you'd wanna go?

You:
i see the word cat
i'm down

Minho:
haha knew it
can you be ready in 10?

You:
i can be ready in 2
if it means i get to play w cats

Minho:
alr i'll pick you up soon then :)
see u in a bit

You:
yepp

"Hey, Felix!" I yelled from my room, hoping he'd hear me.

"Yeah?" he yelled back from his room.

"I'm going to a cat cafe with Minho!"

After a few seconds of silence, Felix burst into my room.

"YOU'RE WHAT?"

"Calm down, jeez!" I exclaimed.  "A new cat cafe opened up not too far from here so Minho and I are going to check it out."

"Is this a date?!"

"No! What did I tell you literally two days ago?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah yeah, that you guys are friends," Felix waved off.  "Well whatever it may be, have fun and enjoy yourself!"

"I will, thanks Lix!" I replied, closing the door behind him so that I could get ready.  I threw on a pair of jeans and a cropped tank top, adding gold jewelry and a little makeup.  Just as I was finishing up, I got a text from Minho, saying he was waiting outside.  Quickly, I gathered my belongings and went outside.

"Hey," I greeted Minho as I got into his car.  He was wearing a pair of jeans too, along with an oversized shirt that was loosely tucked into his pants.  His hair was lazily parted but still managed to look amazing.

"Hi," he smiled at me, looking me up and down.  "Ready to go?"

"Hell yeah," I replied, excited to play with cats.  "Were Soonie Doongie and Dori not enough for you?"

"No no it's not that," he chuckled as he began driving.  "Of course I love them to bits and pieces but sometimes it's nice to just be surrounded by lots and lots of cats."

"You're right," I laughed, nodding my head.  I was surprised at how close the cafe was to my apartment since we arrived in no time.

"Let's go," Minho smiled, getting out of the car.

We walked in, immediately taking in the calming ambience.  After paying for and ordering our drinks, we were led to the back of the building, which was filled with cats.

Completely abandoning Minho, I ran towards a gray kitten that was sitting by itself in the corner.

"Hi there," I greeted the kitten gently, scooping it into my arms.  I sat down and gently laid the kitten on my lap.  Its name tag read "Luna".

"Looks like she already likes you," Minho chuckled, joining me on the floor.  A few cats approached us cautiously and Minho gently reached out to pet one of them.  His face lit up and his lips curved into a soft smile.  He seemed so at peace, a complete 180 of the chaotic Minho I was used to dealing with.

"Why do you like cats so much?" I asked, still petting Luna.

"They're very calm and solitary animals," Minho responded.  "I like how I can just exist with my cats after a long day of dancing.  It's one of my favorite things to do to unwind."

"I can tell," I smiled, Minho slightly tilting his head in confusion.

"As soon as we entered, it's like you became a completely different person," I clarified.  "All of a sudden, you became so calm and at peace, I don't think I've ever seen you like that before."

"Someone's been quite the observer," Minho chuckled, reaching to pet another cat.

"Shut up," I muttered softly, Luna still in my arms.  She seemed to be drifting off to a sleepy state after all of my petting.

"Your turn," Minho said, glancing at me.  "Why do you like cats so much?"

"Same reasons as you basically," I shrugged.  "I feel like I'm such a chaotic person that cats kind of balance it out in a way," I chuckled, hoping my words made sense.  Minho nodded, smiling at me. 

We soon got our drinks and continued to stay at the cafe.  We paid to stay for an hour so we weren't going anywhere anytime soon.