Chapter 2

VEGAS POV:

My father arrived and as usual, he's always in a very bad mood.

"Someone told me that you still kept the main family's head bodyguard. For f*ck sake Vegas, your only job is to leave no trace and you just let them leak some of our confidential files! I want him dead already. You're a dominant alpha and you don't act like one," my father was so furious that his face turns red so much. 

 He then added, "To start with, that bodyguard is a beta and how come you cannot exterminate him. It just shows how weak you are!". I then felt his slap right across my face.

My father walked out, without even hearing any response from me. F*ck this life. I am mad at him. I am mad at myself for not being able to stand up for myself.I went to the red room to calm myself.

I know Pete heard our conversation because he was looking at me with pity. I hate it. I hate being viewed as the weak one. I am a dominant alpha, I am not in the position to be fragile.

"Why is your father always mad at you? And what does strength have to do with you being an alpha?", Pete hissed as if he was the one being scolded.

"Shut up. Mind your own business." Nowadays, I noticed myself being able to control my emotions when I smell Pete. He emits a little sweet fragrance. And he is not even using any perfume. And the smell gets stronger whenever I am in a bad mood. But I don't really think about it since I know he is a beta.

"I'll be going, I might come home late at night. I'll just let Nop give you your meal if you get hungry", I hurriedly exited the room before I snapped again at him.

PETE POV:

Vegas left the room after saying he'll be back late later. I am starting to think that he's becoming normal. He is not getting into his psycho self whenever he's angry. But he still snaps at me when he's in a bad mood.

I am born as a beta. When I applied as a bodyguard, the main family hires either beta or alpha as their bodyguards since being an omega is a hassle and all the sons of Theearapanyakul are alphas.

As I was reading a book, Nop went inside the room, "Pete, I was told by Khun Kan to go to his office since he has a meeting with the main family. I informed the maid to give you food later." I nodded and did not even try to speak to Nop. This guy is as loyal as me. I tried so many times to bribe Nop to let me escape and he never did.

Later that afternoon...

Someone went into my room and when I opened it. It was the old maid bringing some food. And damn, she is carrying southern dishes. God, this woman is an angel. I remembered my grandmother on her.

"Khun Pete, here is your food," as she was placing the food on the table. I noticed a small paper that she placed under my plate. My bodyguard side kicks in, I immediately covered myself infront of her that is directly facing on the cctv.

"Thank you for this. I'll eat it before it gets cold," I said to her while I picked the small paper and read it as fast and clearly as I can.

"Pete, this is Khun No. The old maid is a mole from the main family. I started my own investigation and heard you were held captive by that bastard Vegas. I'll be sending men there tomorrow morning outside that mansion and try not to be noticed while escaping. I send someone to spike Vegas's drink tonight so he'll be groggy until tomorrow. I don't want to have blood bath in there not until I know you are safe."

Shit. I'll be escaping this place. This place is hell to start with. But why do I feel sad at the same time? These past few days, Vegas has never tortured nor inflicted pain on my body. I was starting to understand why he had become like this. His father is trash, just pure trash. But this is my chance to be free again.

VEGAS POV:

I am at one of our bar to calm myself from my anger towards my father and I am planning to get drunk until I pass out because I told Nop to fetch me later. He said that he left the house and assigned our old maid to give Pete his food.Speaking of Pete, as soon as I arrived. I smelled all the nasty scents from all the omegas in the bar. When I arrived, all of the people turned around to look at me. None of you can satisfy me. No one will.

But maybe I got used to Pete's scent that only him can excite me.

"Are you with someone?," my daydreaming was cut off when someone sat next to me. I got pissed by her face and her scent.

"Darling, please do stay away from me if you don't want to be dead by tonight," I blurted while the girl walked away with his pale face. "Tsk, you don't even know I swing the other way"

As the night deepens, I noticed I felt groggy. Maybe because I drank the strongest drink. I want to vomit with all the nasty pheromones in this place. I hurriedly called Nop to fetch me.

When I arrived at the mansion, I found myself walking fast towards the red room where Pete is staying. I immediately calmed down the moment I opened the door and got a whiff of Pete's scent.

"Pete? Are you still awake?" I asked while going near the bed where he was lying.

"Hmm," he murmured. Cute. "You smelled like alcohol. Drink water or you'll get a hang-over tomorrow."

"Why are you so concerned about me? This is your chance to kill me Pete. I'm weak right now," I joked while I lie down beside him.

"I'll kill you when you're in your right mind. You're f*cking drunk," I tried to hug his back and he was trying to get out but then stopped since I was hugging him tightly.

"Why are you so kind Pete? Does that not tires you? You're too good to be a bodyguard," I am starting to get sleepy. I want to tell him about what I feel while I am still so close to him. Telling this while sober is embarrassing.

"Maybe if only my father raised us like Khun Korn. I wouldn't be like this. Macau could have a better childhood and not see his brother being so weak. I could have met you not in this way. If only I met you without all my traumas, I could have seen your genuine smile. If only I could just keep you with me forever...," I suddenly felt myself going to sleep while still hugging him.

PETE POV:

"... If only I could just keep you with me forever...," f*ck you, Vegas. F*ck you for always giving me mixed signals.I don't know if I would still be the same Pete that s just running around the main family's commands without any complaints. I don't know if I would still be the same Pete that loathed you more than anyone.

But what I know is that I'll be leaving this place tomorrow.

VEGAS POV:

I woke up feeling a severe headache.

But what pains me the most is the unclasped chain beside me and a letter from Pete. 

"I am sorry Vegas. I want to be free from all the pain."

I didn't know this came sooner than expected. Shit. Why are tears rolling down my eyes?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Please do tell me your opinion about this chapter. I would be very happy if you comment down your thoughts and suggestions🥺

Thank you guyss💕!!!!!