Chapter 13

PETE POV:

After that moment with Vegas, I noticed my body changing. My body only reacts to Vegas's pheromones but I'm still extra cautious and careful when there are other alphas around. I still did not stop taking suppressants as I know, I still don't have a mate that marked me.

These past few days, all of the bodyguards from the Main family and minor family have non-stop training as preparation for the battle. Our training was stopped when there was a commotion inside the mansion.

"All of you, report to the main hall. Khun Kan and Vegas have some urgent announcements" P'Chan informed us and we hurriedly reported to the hall.

"Calm down, Vegas! I assure you we will find Macau. You can't think straight if you let your emotions control you!" We saw Khun Kinn shout to Vegas when we reached the hall.

"How can I calm down?! My brother is gone! We can't contact and trace him. He was supposed to be at home and when we contact the school, they said he left in the afternoon and what time is it now? It's almost 10PM for fuck sake!" Vegas bellowed

Khun Kan and Khun Korn are walking back and forth deep in thought.

"Oi! I am having a beauty rest and you're here shouting!" Khun No suddenly interrupted the cousin's conversation

"Shut up. It's not like you have a beauty that you need a good rest" Vegas mumbled. This guy even has the time to say some nonsense.

"What?! Do you want me to punch your face huh" Khun No answered attempting to go near Vegas with his hands ready to throw a punch when Khun Kinn is trying to stop him.

"Phi now is not the time for this. Just go to your room if you won't help with this problem" Khun Kinn pleaded as he was starting to have a headache.

"I'm sure the Chinese underground group is involved with this. I haven't said anything but I have been receiving threats from them. All threats involve from wanting me gone to killing all the important people in my life" Vegas suddenly looked at me with a worried face. Shit, the battle is starting.

All bodyguards were then gathered. Khun Kinn and Vegas laid out the plan in finding Macau. All of us were busy preparing when I noticed that Khun Kan is standing by the veranda while calling someone. When they arrived at the mansion, Khun Kan never said anything. He was silent during the meeting. I noticed he was more nervous than worried.

I stealthily moved towards Khun Kan to eavesdrop on his phone call when I was stopped on my track by Vegas.