Chapter 11

VEGAS POV:

I just heard from my bodyguard, Nop, that my father went to the Main Family's mansion to talk about something with Pete. And I know how my father works, he will never get involved with people who do not benefit him at all.

I know what he wants with Pete. He wants him to stay away from me.

No one has to right to stop me from pursuing someone as important as Pete. Not when I'm now sure of my feelings for him.

I went hurriedly to the Main family's mansion and went directly to where my father and Pete is.

"Pft. Don't make me laugh, Pete. You can never be with Vegas. And you will never be enough for h--"

"What's going on here?!" I shouted as I heard what my father blurted out.

"I'm just talking to Pete about work, nothing more"

I went near to Pete's side as my father walked towards the exit.

"Vegas, you should never forget that you have a big role in the Minor family. And you will never fulfill that with someone who has nothing" My father sternly said while sparing a glare to Pete.

"I don't care. I can still do my job even without anyone's help" I declared while staring directly at my father's eyes.

I'm not scared anymore.

My father walked out of the room with anger and dissatisfaction. I turned around to face Pete and notices him still bowing his head.

"Look at me, Pete" I did not receive a response from Pete so I held his chin and raised his head to look at me.

Shit. He's crying.

"Pete, please. I'm sorry that you have to hear those things from him" I hugged him tightly as I felt him whimper.

"H-he's right, Vegas. I don't come from an influential family neither I a wealthy person. I am not someone worthy to be near your family"

"Then stay at my house so you'll be near me" I jokingly said to ease the tension.