Part 9

Finney tugged on my arm trying to get me to leave. I wanted to kill Vance. What made him think he had any right to say that. He didn't know anything yet here he was talk of the town spreading lies about me like wildfire. My cheeks were going red again and tears began to form in my eyes. I was so angry I just wanted to let all hell loose.

"Awh is the baby going to cry?" he said and frowned mocking me. "I'm so sowwy." he said and did puppy dog eyes walking closer to me "pwease forgive me" his face inching closer to mine. "Are you going to forgive me Y/N?" he said in a baby voice. That was it he kept saying it over and over and I just slapped him as hard as I could. He stared at me a flicker of rage going off in his eyes.

"What the fuck Y/N?!" he screamed and rubbed his cheek. "I was joking. I was going to apologise but just fuck you honestly fuck you. Everyone here knows you for all the evil you are. We all know you've got the devil in you and we're going to make you pay."

I looked at him "no. I'm going to make you pay. I've got the devil in me right? I'm going to make Lucifer make your life a living hell I'm going to find your secrets Vance. Lucifers on my side not yours remember that." I said and walked out of the shop.

On my way home I said 50 hail Mary's I prayed to God telling him how sorry I was. He was my saviour and I would never pick evil over good. I walked in home and went to the kitchen. I saw my father standing at the counter.

"Hi dad," I said.
"Hi? Hi Y/N? is that all you have to say to me. No sorry dad? No explanation?"
"What do you want me to explain?"
"I want you to explain why the fuck the police came to my work about you."
"What?.."
"Don't act like you don't know. They got a distress call from a boy who said you were speaking with the devil in your dreams about the Grabber and claimed you told him he was next."
"What? I never."
"Your mother had filled your head with all this before she died hadn't she?"
"No dad I swear."
"Maybe you need to learn your lesson the hard way."

It wasn't until he said that when I noticed the empty six bottles of beer and his half full seventh bottle. Whilst I saw these I also saw him taking off his belt. A big thick brown one. One that I would be whipped with multiple over times this month because of the police. That's when he took my shoulder and bent me over the counter.

I don't want to describe what happened next as it was one of the worst beatings in my life. When he was done he started screaming. "YOU'RE NOT YOUR MOTHER DO YOU HEAR ME?!"
I nodded.
"YOU DON'T SEE THINGS THAT ARENT THERE. YOU DONT HEAR THINGS THAT AREN'T THERE. YOU DONT HAVE PEOPLE THAT AREN'T THERE CONTACTING YOU. AND MOST IMPORTANTLY YOUR DREAMS ARE JUST DREAMS!"
I nodded with tears running down my face.
"Repeat that for me!"
"My dreams are just dreams.."
"What?!"
"My dreams are just dreams."
"WHAT?!"
"My dreams are just dreams!"
"Say it like you mean it! WHAT?!"
"MY DREAMS ARE JUST DREAMS!"
"GOOD!"
I cried and he pushed me into the sitting room.
"No ice on that bottom. I want you to think about what you did."

I turned on the TV and cried more and more. Shortly after Finney ran in panting. "Y/N! Y/N! You won't believe what Vance has done now!"

(Cheeky wee double release day hope you guys enjoyed!)