Part 21

The morning after Claire left as soon as we got breakfast. At about lunch I got some money out of my piggyback and went to the shop. When I got close enough I saw Vance on the pinball machine and I rolled my eyes. I walked in and went straight to the drinks.

I got a can of soda and then went to the sweet section. I picked out crisps (chips if ur american), a pack of flying saucers and some giant cola bottles. When I walked to the till (cash register) I saw Vance there too trading bills for quarters to play pinball. He glanced at me then looked at me properly, "Y/N," he said with a smile. I nodded "hi," I said.

"Why didn't you go to the park yesterday?" He asked and I started to feel bad. "I just had a gut feeling not to." I said and gave my drink and sweet to the woman working the till. She told me the total and I handed her the money I had brought and she gave me back my change. "Maybe we could go now?" He said and I glanced at him and sighed, "sure." I said. 

We walked out of the store and went to the park. We sat on the swings and I shared the sweets I bought. "Why'd you do it?" I asked and he looked at me. "Do what?" He said.
"Do you seriously not remember?"
"What did I do?"
"Yesterday."
"Ohhhh sorry yeah. I kinda forgot because I was just thinking about why you didn't show up."
"Uh huh well now you remember so why'd you do it?"
He just shrugged. "I don't know its just how I act around those guys."
"Well then maybe you should stop talking to them, because you hurt me."

He sighed and our eyes met, "sorry its just how I am around them. Not saying its like an excuse but you can't really blame me." He said and I stared at him. "Anyway maybe we should go to your house or mine. Maybe watch a movie.."

"Are you fucking serious?" I said. He nodded "Yes I'm serious we should watch a movie the clouds are rolling in it might rain."
"You're such a dick.."
"Are we going to?" He asked and I didn't know what to say..