Part 11

: TIME SKIP :

It was the Saturday morning of the final game to my brothers baseball league. The whole town had gathered at the pitch, each person with a bottle of pop or a beer. The match was going on when Vance came and sat beside me. I side eyed him.

"Hey," he said quietly.
"Hey?" I said.
"I'm sorry about like what I said."
I just laughed "are you serious?"
He nodded "I'm sorry for everything I said you know about you and Satan."
"Wow being locked up for a couple days changed you."
He gave me a stare that gave me shivers. "I'm trying to say I'm sorry and you're being an asshole."
"Wait seriously?" my heart skipped a beat.
"Yes I'm so sorry I should never have said anything. Nothing about you or your brother."

Butterflies, instant butterflies. Although it was clear he'd never apologised a day in his life, he was so honest, so open I could just melt. 

"I don't forgive you yet but thank you." I said. He nodded and watched the game, I watched too.  As the game was going on I looked at him from the corner of my eye. His legs were spread out, his hands on his knees as he was leaning forward, his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes were slightly squinted because of the sun.

It was sweltering and so sunny. The type of weather you'd have ice pops in. I was wearing a pair of jeans and a top which made the heat much worse but I knew I wasn't going home any time soon. Finneys team was still hitting but it was nothing interesting so I zoned out.

I zoned back in when Bruce Yamada hut a winning home run. I know Bruce because of his sister Amy, she's in my class and we've talked a bit just about homework and all. I wouldn't consider her a friend more of an aquitaince.

My brothers team lost and it was a but of a let down but people said my brother played very well. Finney said Bruce told him his arm was mint? He said it was a huge compliment.

On Sunday afternoon my father got a phone call from the Denver police department. Bruce Yamada was taken this time that night I had a dream. Another one of my weird ones..