Part 10

(Sorry if what Vance does is a bit of let down)

My brother came into the sitting room panting. I looked at him "What did he do?" I asked. "Well I stayed at the shop when you left, I was going to buy you some sweets to make you feel better. Vance talked to Moose about you for a while then he started to play pinball. He was doing really well I heard Moose say he was to beat his highscore. He was playing away and I was choosing some sweets when these two boys started fighting. One of the boys pushed the other into the pinball machine and made Vance loose. Vance screamed and grabbed the boy by the collar of his shirt. He was shouting and the other boy pulled out a pocket knife. Vance dropped the boy and ran at the other one he took the pocket knife and started punching the boy. Like he was on top of him just punching. The other boy went to attack him but Vance got up turned and punched him right on the nose. The cashier was on the phone with the police and right before they came Vance carved his name into one of the boys stomachs. Then the police came and took him I opened the door for them but he cut one of their arms."

I looked at my brother in disgust, I wiped my eyes and sighed. "I can't believe he did that. That's just so cruel I hope the boys ok."
"Yeah I think they went to the hospital. Are you ok?" he asked.
I shrugged "why wouldn't I be?"
He came and sat beside me. He put a hair behind my ear "were you crying?"
I nodded and started crying again. He hugged me and I cried my eyes out on his chest. "Today was just so bad Finney, I don't want to go to school tomorrow everyone thinks I'm crazy."
"Well I know you're not and that's enough you don't need to prove yourself to anyone. They can't all believe what Vance has said and you know some people who do believe him could think its cool."
"Maybe but those people are weird."
"You're weird!" he said and laughed.
I laughed a bit too.

That night we finished all the ice cream we had. We watched a couple movies and complained about Vance. It was a good night after a shit day but at least thing s could only go down hill from here..