Part 17

That morning I woke up and stretched while yawning, I got out of bed and went to my wardrobe picking out my outfit for today. I then went and got a towel as I was going to shower. I went in the bathroom and locked the door. I turned the shower on and stripped then hopped in leaving my clothes and the towel on the floor. I scrubbed my hair with shampoo and conditioner and covered myself from head to toe in soap.

I got out and wrapped the towel around me then turned the shower off. I looked in the mirror and smiled. I was going to see him today maybe talk to him. I scrubbed my teeth and brushed my tongue to make sure my breath smelt nice. I dried myself off and changed into my new clothes, I wrapped my hair in the towel. I unlocked the door then went to my room to dry my hair. I closed the door, grabbed a brush and my hair dryer.

When my hair was dry I went down stairs and had a bowl of cereal. When I was done, I set the bowl and spoon at the sink and called for my brother. "Finney! Come walk to school with me!" I called up the stairs.
"Wait one second!" he said. After a moment or two he rushed down with his school bag. I grabbed mine from beside the door.

We walked out together and closed the door, he looked at me "are you all dolled up to see Vance?" he asked.
"Maybe," I smiled, hearing his name gave me butterflies.
"Y/N.." he sounded worried, "I don't want you to get hurt by this jerk."
I nodded, "I won't, it's only a little crush." I said as we turned the corner.

We saw a group of people from our school standing about watching something. I dragged Finney over and we watched as Robin Arellano beat the fuck out of Moose. I watched as Mooses face got covered in blood, as soon as that happened Finney took my arm and pulled me away.

He looked upset. "What's wrong?" I asked and frowned, "Should you not be happy? Moose was such a dick to you."
"Yeah but he doesn't deserve that." Finney responded.
"But remember that time he made your nose bleed?"
"Yeah doesn't mean he needed that."
"Maybe he shouldn't have messed with Robin, he's like the second toughest kid in school."
Finney just nodded and we walked the rest of the way in silence.

When we walked into school, I saw Vance and went over to him. "Hey," I said and smiled.
"What?" he asked.
"Nothing just saying hi."
He stared at me, "why?"
"What do you mean why? I thought we were friends?"
"Pfft, no fucking way am I being caught dead with you weirdo."
It was only then I heard his friends laughing. I looked at him confused and upset then I realised he looked upset and almost embarrassed as well.

I shook my head pushed through him and his friends. I went to homeroom and sat trying not to cry. I just felt so small. So unnecessary and out of place. He was embarrassed of me, genuinely embarrassed.

:SKIP TO LUNCH:

I went to the cafeteria and decided not to get anything, I sat at a table with Finney and Robin. We barely talked and my attention was caught by Vance. Ugh I had butterflies that made me ready to vomit. I wish he would come and just sit beside me.

He looked at me and frowned he came over and whispered "meet me in the upstairs toilets." then rushed off. Those toilets were for anyone it was meant to be a staff one but there was no need. It was constantly free and he wanted to meet me there. I excused myself and left to go to them. I was practically jogging I needed an explanation. When I got to the bathroom I saw Vance frowning. I then saw four boys from our year who were at Vances locker earlier walkout from behind him.

"Jesus you really are desperate." One said.
"Oh completely," another agreed.
"I didn't actually think you'd take the bait that easy," Vance said but not like how he would when he was genuinely bullying someone.
"We're here to tell you to back the fuck off."
"We know you're mums a crazy bitch."
"We know you are too."
"We don't know why you came up to us but you could seriously damage our image freak."
Vance stood there arms crossed nodding.

"But Vance does know me. I swear we were talking yesterday." I said.
"Are you sure you were talking to me and not the devil?" he asked and his friends all laughed. I felt my eyes sting. "Are you serious? I fucking hate you. I hate all of you."
"Oh nooo. What are you going to do curse us?"
I stared at Vance as a tear rolled down my cheek. The sadness in his eyes became clear. I turned and went back to the cafeteria to find Finney and Robin.

It wasn't hard at all considering the fact Robins the only kid that wears a bandana. I walked over to them and Finney looked at me. "Hey Y/N where'd you go to?" he asked. I went over and sat beside him. "The bathroom."
"Oh ok." he said and looked at me again. "Wait were you crying?.."