Part 31

It was Thursday which means that there was only one day until the party. I went to Vances after school and we arranged what we were going to do.

"I think you should come here after school tomorrow. Wear the outfit you have picked and just tell your dad you're having a sleepover at your friend's house," Vance said. "But I'm not it'll look bad if I come home really late when I'm meant to be having a sleepover," I said.
"Maybe you could just stay here I mean my beds big enough for two."
"Uhmm sure. Would your parents mind?"
"Well considering the fact I'm going to a party they won't care if I bring someone home with me."
"Uh alright yeah."

We went up to his room and he showed me what he was wearing and I smiled. "Wow very nice," I said. "Yeah I wear it to most of his parties and mine," he said and laughed. We sat on his bed and he got out a couple of Rolling Stone magazines. I lay on my stomach and flipped through a couple stopping on pages with bands I was interested in.

I sat back up beside him and we nudged closer together. We talked about the records we have and he told me all the songs he could play on the guitar. We made small talk and we swapped our magazines every once in a while. He showed me things he thought I'd like and I showed him things I thought he'd like.

He put his arm over my shoulder and pulled me on. It was cozy and warm, I saw a completely different side to Vance than anyone else and I was so glad, he made me feel safe and loved I just wish he would ask me out already.

I went home and told Finney everything we acted like little girls but I was more than happy to. When it came time for lights out I told my dad that I would be staying at my friends house and he said of course obviously. If he knew who it was with he definitely wouldn't have been so eager to let me stay..