Part 25

On Monday my school had officers in each classroom teaching about safety and ensuring we would all be making it home safe. I think they knew shit was ready to go down and weren't prepared to deal with the consequences.

At lunch time I steered clear of Claire and all my old friends after the sleepover on Friday I just didn't know how to feel. I was sitting alone when Vance came and sat beside me. "Hey, he said with a smile plastered on his face.

"Uhm hi?" I said.
"Did you like last night?"
I nodded, "Yeah it was fun."
"I loved the movie."
"Same it was good."
"We should go to another drive in sometime."
"Uh sure."
"Maybe we could meet up? You can come to my house anytime."
"Thanks uhm I'll consider it."
"Well tell me if you do it'll be fun." He said an got up leaving me alone again. Shortly after Finney came and sat beside me. "How's wee Vance" he asked and smiled. "Hes fine, he invited me over to his house.." I said.
"What? No way."
I just nodded in response.
"Well are you gonna go?"
"I don't know I still have the rest of the day to think about it."
"You should go it might be fun."

After lunch I had history so I zoned out a couple times. I just thought about whether or not I should go like is he up to something? We had a lovely night yesterday but maybe he like I don't know. I think I was just trying to think of a reason not to go.

My last lesson of the day was English lit and I came to the conclusion there was no reason for me not to go to Vances. If something bad happened I would never go near him ever. All my feelings would disappear in a matter of seconds. So I should just go it could be good like last night.

When the bell rang I packed up and walked out to the school gates. Vance was standing there so I went up to him. "So uhm can I come over? Like today maybe." I asked. He smirked and nodded. Oh god this could be an absolute mess or it could be so wonderful..