Chapter Six: Sweet

Rain city is always busy, now, even more so since their count decided to take a stroll with the eldest young master. Since their plan wasn't done yesterday, Deruth and Cale decided to go to the city after breakfast. Violan couldn't join them since the date of their youngest to be born is nearing, so she had eaten in her room and Basen has his classes.

Now with ten knights following them, Cale's plan of moving discreetly in the city is ruined. Of course with Ron also in tow, that plan seems impossible.

'Great.' Cale thought, doing his best not to roll his eyes.

"So, son, where do you want to go fist?"

"Hmm... I don't really know."

"Oh right. Then this father of yours will be your tour guide for today."

"I don't think I can afford that."

Deruth chuckled and responded.

"Don't worry son, my service is free for today."

Cale doesn't really need a tour guide. He clearly remembers Rain city's map as stated in that book. He is amazed at the comprehensive description of the author in that book.

'hmm... the details in that book seem really accurate. I wonder who the author is and how he was able to write that book.'

"Hmm... then I appreciate your offer. Thank you."

"Dad."

"Thank you dad."

They soon arrived at a tailor's shop. The exterior of the shop screams expensive. Cale couldn't help but think this will be a waste of money. He looked at the count who looked ready to go inside the shop and said.

"But I already have plenty of clothes?"

"I know but, are they to your liking?"

"They're okay. And it's not not like I'll be going out all the time. I don't care what I wear as long as it keeps me warm."

'This will just be a waste of money. I'll soon grow out of it anyway.'

Deruth frowned at Cale's answer. 'Just what kind of life did this child live that he seeks warmth out of clothes. And his clothes are so simple. He must have thought I wouldn't want to see him in Cale's old clothes.'

Unbeknownst to him, Cale just doesn't like fancy clothes. He also dislikes spending money unnecessarily.

Deruth having no idea what Cale is thinking grabbed the boy's hand and went inside the shop. Ron followed suit while the knights stationed themselves outside the shop.

cring

The sound of the bell ringing alerted the shop owner of a new customer. His eyes widened as he saw the people who came into his shop.