Chapter Twenty: Misadventures

A month passed since Cale recovered from his fever when he walked out in the snow. His body is now of an 11 year old.

Cale doesn't really mind what his body age is, as long as he keeps growing. He wants to be tall like his papa after all. So, he also doesn't question why he's growing so fast.

Since he woke up in the ancient dragon's lair, he felt very relaxed and happy. However, something inside him makes him feel a bit lonely. Like he's forgetting something really important and that he misses it or them.

Well, he knows he really did forget something since he doesn't have any recollection as to how he lived before or how he ended up in the ancient dragon's lair.

In his effort to remember, he would always somehow just end up dozing off. And so he found comfort in sleeping. Which is why he decided to make an effort to make his daily slumber as comfortable as possible.

But first things first. He has to find a way to go out.

He put on his best scam- bright smile and his puppy eyes.

"Papa?"

"Yes, Cale?" Eruhaben answered and sipped his tea.

"What are those scrolls in the storage room?"

"They are transportation scrolls. They are used when one to go somewhere."

"Hmm.. how do you use it?"

"You just have to think of the coordinates of the place you want to go and rip the scroll."

"Oh. So it's a one time use." He saw his papa nod, and asked another question. "Why do the scrolls have different colors?"

"The white ones are blank. So you can write the coordinates before using it, or just think of the coordinates while ripping it. The golden ones are the ones that take you back here."

'Wait. What is this? Why am I answering like this? I feel like something iffy will happen if I keep talking.'

"Ahem... anyway. That's it. You should go to bed now."

Cale now sometimes sleeps alone. The ancient dragon felt a little disappointed at Cale slowly being independent but he knows he should support the redhead.

He recalled what the World Tree said during his visit.

<<'Hello child. I know what you came here for.'

'Really. Then that saves me from explaining things. So?'

'Well... actually it's hard to say where he comes from.'

'Hmm... so you can't tell me that. What can you tell me then?'

'Hmmm... he is a precious child and a mystery. I cannot see his past from the last 5 years. And I cannot see his future.

5 years ago was when Kim Rok Soo had become Cale Henituse, but they don't know that.

'That is odd. And what do you mean he's a precious child. I know you see everyone as a child, but you don't just say someone is precious if you don't know something.'

'Well.. did you notice something from him.'

'I'm starting to sense the power of nature from him. And when he first came, I sensed the power of the God of Death.'

'That is right. It seems that he somehow has a the protection of the God of Death. And... he also has some ancient powers. I'm not sure how many as I could only see glimpse of his near future.'