Chapter Twenty-six: The Worst

Red locks flutter as the wind keeps blowing.

Red-brown eyes lock with red eyes.

People gasped at the scene on front of them. The kind young master, one they used to call the Crimson Angel, who was rumored to be bedridden or dead after being abducted, is now facing the enemy who was laughing crazily.

'Haaa.. this is the worst. I should have worn the bracelet.'

*

*

*

Three days ago, after the heartfelt reunion, Cale's stomach finally gave in and let out a growl causing the others to chuckle and laugh at the redhead.

Ron then went to tell Beacrox to deliver the food for their young master and the kids.

The ancient dragon wanted to prepare Cale's food but he let the butler and chef serve his child as he knows they were originally the people who took care of him before himself.

When the food arrived, Cale brought the children on the table with him. He chewed the steak that he didn't realized he missed so much until he tasted it again and couldn't stop his lips from curling up in satisfaction. He then noticed the children's messy eating and started wiping Raon and Hong's mouth.

The others watched the scene and they immediately felt lighthearted. Ron didn't forget to turn on a recording device. They all just stayed quiet and let Cale and the children eat.

*

"So, you're saying you won't reveal yourself for now?" Alberu asked the redhead who was now sipping the lemon tea that he didn't miss, even the slightest bit. He gulped the whole tea and responded.

"Yes, your highness. After all, it is uncle's birthday. I don't want people's attention to shift on me when they should by getting excited to see the sun of the kingdom."

Although he hate to admit, but he knows he had become rather popular in the kingdom. No thanks to the nonsensical rumors about him.

"Alright. Then when will you go and tell your family that your back?"

"Next week."

"Why so long? Are going to do something?"

"Well, yes."

"And that is?"

"I'm going to attend the celebration. After all, who am I to refuse a king's invitation?"

"Haaaa... you. You know it could be dangerous and yet you're willing to step into the fire knowing full well it might kill you."

Eruhaben and Olienne who were silently sipping their tea and listening to the conversation, had their eyes widened after what they heard. But before they could say something, a slam was heard.

Slam

"Human! What is the little prince saying? What is dangerous for you? Human you're very weak. You can't go and do anything dangerous."

"Nya! Youngest is right. You can't go, nya." Hong chimed in.

"Cale nya. What will you do?" On asked calmly.

"Aigoo. I'm not going to do anything dangerous. I'll just see to it that everyone does their task well. Don't worry. I'll just watch them do all the work." He said while patting the children's head.