Chapter Twenty-four: A Talk

Cale woke up up in a dark place. Everywhere he looked, there was only darkness. Thinking that he wouldn't be able to go anywhere, he decided to just lie down and wait till he wakes up from this weird dream.

After what seems like forever, he suddenly heard a faint sob from a distance.

"Huh? Is someone here beside me?"

Sob

With that, Cale decided to follow the source of the noise and started walking.

As he walked closer to the sound, he noticed his surrounding being lit by small light like star objects. As his vision became clearer, his pace became faster. He doesn't know why, but he feels like he should go to the sound fast.

As soon as he saw a blob under a tree, he paused to think for a moment. Whoever was crying surely was a child and he didn't want to scare the child. He walks slowly towards the blob.

Sob

Now that he can see closely, he saw the back of the one who was crying. A small black reptilian skin greeted him. The back was moving up and down because of the child's sobbing.

He wanted to touch and hug the child. He reached out his hand but stopped.

"Uhm.. hi?"

He saw the child flinch. The child turned his head. Cale could see the watery deep blue eyes staring back at him.

"Are you hungry?"

"..."

He reached out for his pocket and got a cookie.

"Here. You can have it. Don't worry, it's safe."

"R-really?" The child asked while wiping his teared cheeks.

"Yes."

With that, a small black paw took the cookie from his hand. The child then munched the cookie. Cale chuckled at the sight.

'Cute'

"Why is a great and mighty dragon here? Are you lost?"

"Hmp! I am not. I am great and mighty and I wouldn't get lost."

"Then why are you here?" 'Why are you here crying?' Was what he wanted to ask but he knows the small dragon wouldn't admit to it knowing how prideful his kinds are.

"Just... waiting for someone."

"Can I ask who?"

"Hmm.. okey. Since you gave me a cookie. I think you are a nice human, so I will tell you. I am waiting for my Human. My Human is really great. He saved this mighty me when I was hurt and just a week old. Then my Human gave me a name. It is a great and mighty name."

"Then can I ask what your great and mighty name is?"

"Raon. Raon Miru. And I am 4 years old."

"Wow. That is a great and mighty name. I am Cale."

"I know."

"Excuse me?"

"I know you are Cale. And that you are my Human. Sob." A tear fell from the small dragon's eyes.

"Uhm.. I- .."

"It's okay human. I know this is a dream. But- but you feel so real human. I can smell your ancient powers. I really am a great and mighty dragon to be able to dream something s- so real."