Chapter Nineteen: Papa

A/N: I've been contemplating whether to continue the story this way or not. But then I thought, 'Heck, this is my story. I do what the hell I want.' Nyahahahaha

So... here. Let me know what you think. Teehee

=====================================

Eruhaben's POV

While doing his usual routine in his cave and waiting for his time to die a beautiful death, Eruhaben, the golden ancient dragon suddenly felt a god's energy near his cave. Being a dragon, he was more sensitive to this kind of energy. He was alarmed at the sudden presence so he hurried to check the source of it. He went out of his lair. 

The snow was covering the area. It is a place someone or something shouldn't be able to go near since he put up a barrier around it. Only someone who he has given permission to enter can come within the barrier.

He was at the entrance and looked on the right. There he saw the source of the energy coming from a god. He slowly walked near it. He saw what seems to be a bundle of clothes? He went closer and there he saw it. A child. A redhead human child. As he came closer to the child, the energy he felt earlier became faint until it was hardly noticeable.

"Hmmm... this child looks around 7 or 8 years old in human age."

'But why is a little child wearing clothes for a grown up?' 

He continued in his thoughts. He stared at the child for a while until.

'Achoo'

The child sneezed in his sleep and the ancient dragon could see the child shivering from the cold. He doesn't know what got to him but he hurriedly used his mana to surround the child with thermal magic. He isn't someone who usually helps a creature in need. Dragons are mighty beings and prideful after all. Still, something tugged in his heart as he kept staring at the sleeping child.

Sigh

He sighed and picked up the child. He held the child and he felt his heart getting warm.

"Since it looks like it is the will of a god, I have no choice but to look after you."

'Right. I should honor a god's will.' He thought with a smile while looking at the child in his arms.

"Haaaa... in my almost 1000 years of life, I've never had to look after a human. But I guess it would be a good experience."

He then went back inside his cave.

After three days, the child still hasn't woken up. The ancient dragon is now getting anxious while waiting for the child to wake up. He put his hand on the child's forehead.

"Hmmm.. there's is nothing wrong with your body though. Why are you not waking up?" He said and sat down on the bed. He then proceeds to gently pat the child's head. "Haaaa... I really am getting old."

He is also confused at himself. He finds himself worried about the child and keeps staying in the room in case the child wakes up. He wasn't like this before. Well, he used to help young dragons going through their first growth phase, but that's it. And they were dragons. If it was him before, he would have just left the child and never bother to wait for him to wake up. Yet, now, his anxiousness is getting worse every day as he waits.

A week passed since his visitor came. The ancient dragon never left the room with the child. He has everything he needs there already. With a flick of of a finger, his food and other needs would be there. He was sipping his 12th cup of tea for the day when he noticed the child's eyes flutter.