Chapter Eleven: Clad in Black

Cale is now enjoying his tea at his spot in the 'Fragrance of tea with Poetry'. It took a lot of convincing before he was able go come here everyday. Today, his usual company, Beacrox couldn't come with him since the count had some visitors today, so instead, a knight is guarding him for the day.

He slipped a piece of paper in the book and closed it.

'A week should be enough for Billos to gather everything.'

"Let's go, sir Harry." he told the knight accompanying him today.

"As you wish, young master."

They walked downstairs and Cale waved good bye to Billos.

"Thank you for your patronage young master. See you tomorrow."

Cale didn't answer and just went on his way. Before he could climb up the carriage, he felt something familiar rub his legs.

Meeow

A red cat is purring and rubbing on his legs and tapped its paws on Cale's shoes.

"You again?" He kneeled down to pat the cat. "Where's the other one?"

As if the cat understood the question, it started walking to an alley next to the shop.

Meeow

The cat meowed to Cale, asking him to follow it. Cale understood and went after the cat. The knight also went after them. The red cat stopped at some wooden carts stocked together.

MeowMeow

The two cats meowed at each other. Cale looked in one of the boxes and saw the silver cat he always sees together with the red one. It seems to be injured.

Tsk

"I don't like cats." Cale clicked his tongue as he said.He recalled his life as Kim Rok Soo when the landlords would shoo away stray animals and forbid tenants to bring any pets. He didn't want to be the reason for the animals to feel like they've been thrown away.

Despite his previous remarks, he carefully picked up the silver cat and looked the red one.

'Hmm... he said it's okay to spoil me. It should alright to bring these cats.'

"Let's go."

Meow

Cale went back to the carriage with two cats. Harry, the knight with him today, stayed silent as he watched his young master's deed. He couldn't help but wear a smile on his face.

'Ah... young master is truly kind.'