Chapter Twenty-eight: Useless Things

The once lush forest could no longer be seen, instead, a barren field stretches in the area where the fight was happening.

"Raon. Can you tell me what they're talking about? I can't hear them." Cale, who was inside the protective barrier the black dragon made, spoke gently.

He was already getting annoyed. Not because of the fight but because of hunger. The glutton have been complaining non-stop about eating delicious food and lots of bread in his head. He needed a distraction.

"Of course, Human. He said 'Fuck!'."

Cale frowned upon hearing what Raon said but remembered that he did say to tell him what he heard.

"Don't copy the curses they say. Just the important words."

He said as he gently pat Raon's head. Lock, who was still supporting the redhead, seemed a little envious of the little dragon, but he just kept quiet and diligently did his task.

"He said... 'I only came here to check on the black egg. That fuc- ahem- Redika!' "

Cale couldn't pay attention to Raon almost saying a cuss word as he thought about the first sentence that was said.

'He came to check on the black egg? Wait! Redika? Was Redika the one who gave Marquis Stan Raon's egg? I knew the organization was somehow involved with them, but this.. I should really make that blood crazy mage blow the gaff later.'

He then heard the next words being relayed by Raon.

"I'll have to go back to the base first.' "

"Huh? Human, he's going to try to escape. Goldie gramps said 'In your fuc-ahem- dreams'., so don't worry."

'Did papa really say that? What a cliché! I wasn't expecting the cursing though.'

"Raon." He said to get the black dragon's attention. He then said the plan he had in mind.

"Hahahaha. Getting tired? Five against one and you're all looking terrible."

"Shut your trap! How about you take a look at yourself." Olienne shouted back.

The man who oddly had the same hair color as the ancient dragon was now looking way more miserable than what he previously looked.

The dumb looking mage now had the appearance of a malnourished man who was bleeding from his mouth and on the verge of dying.

Olienne shot pointed tree roots to the man, followed by the ancient dragon's dust arrows. The man evaded the roots and used a shield to protect himself from the arrows.

Boom

He was thrown by the impact.

Choi Han left no time for him to recover and swung his sword. The man defended with his mana shield just in time. He then made fire balls and threw them towards the swordsman.

Choi Han wasn't affected but the impact still managed to throw him afar from the man. Beacrox and Bud jumped simultaneously towards the man. He evaded the great sword but was slightly cut by the blue aura on his side.

"Ugh! Fuck ya'all. I'm really going to kill you."

"Oh yeah? I'd love to see you try." The green dragon mockingly said as he suddenly appeared behind the man. He then willed the roots to bind the man.