Chapter Thirty-two: Going Here and There

After Ron was cured, Cale stayed at Harris village while teleporting from there to Eruhaben's lair from time to time. He also visits the Henituse estate when his family, more like the count, calls him just to say he misses him. Cale couldn't really just ignore his dad.

He's also receiving reports from Olienne and Bud about Arm in the Eastern continent. Bud is busy planting moles in Arm's base with the help of the green dragon.

He occasionally goes to the royal library to read about other ancient powers that could prolong the ancient dragon's life. Of course he just makes an excuse of being bored and wanting to read stories so he usually goes alone, while the children train with the golden dragon.

"I'm glad I could somehow help you with this research young master Cale." Said the platinum blond-haired man.

"I should be the one to thank you, young master Taylor. You should be busy in your territory but you still agreed to help me." The redhead said to Taylor.

Cale knew that Taylor was the one who was supposed to find the Vitality of the heart. That means he must have some knowledge about ancient powers.

"Not at all, young master Cale. I couldn't imagine what would have happened to me if you didn't tell the crown prince to warn me about my younger brother."

"I was just doing what anyone else would do."

Taylor smiled at the humble response of the redhead. They then focused on finding some information in the royal library.

"Ugh. Shut up! Can't you see I'm busy? I'm trying to help my dongsaeng?"

Cage, who just got excommunicated recently was also helping them in the library. She kept cursing the voice in her head.

"Shut up!"

'Poor Cage. Even I would be annoyed when someone keeps bothering me when I'm reading.'

"Say, young master Cale. Have you heard about the boulder-like guardian in ancient stories?"

"Tell me more."

***

"I'm sorry we couldn't be of much help young master Cale."

"That's fine. There is plenty of time. And the story about the guardian was interesting."

"I see. Don't worry, I'll keep looking into ancient stories in the archive in our territory."

"That would be great. Thank you."

"Then we'll be off now, young master Cale."

"Ah young master Cale." Cage said with a mischievous smile. "Do you have any desire to get to know an older sister with a great personality."

"Nope."

"... What about an older brother with a great personality?"

"Even less."

Cage and Taylor both started to laugh instead of being disappointed at Cale's answer.

'What's so funny about my answer?'

The three parted as they ripped some teleportation scrolls.

Cale arrived at his room in the Henituse mansion. He was greeted by Beacrox with some snacks. Ron stayed behind at the village as well since the arm Mary was making is still in progress.

"Here, dongsaneg."

"Thanks-" Cake stopped as soon as he smelled the sour stench from the tea. He looked at his hyung with a scrunched brows. 

"...why?" 'Why is it lemon tea? Ron's not even here.'

Beacrox just chucled instead of answering.