Chapter 1

'Go, they're coming!'

You wince under your mother's grasp as she drags you along with her. Your eyes flick back to where your father is standing with the crossbow in his hands.

'What about daddy!'

You scream at your mother but she ignores you, instead, her pace quickens and you're nearly lifted off your feet by the sheer force.

'Keep quiet sweetie, we have to go'.

'But-'.

'Daddy will be fine, we'll see him soon!'

You're pulled into the family garage and you see a black car. The passenger side door is open, allowing you to see inside. You saw a man, thin and gaunt looking.

'Take her, make sure she's safe!'

She shoves you into the car and everything goes black.

+

You sit up in bed, your heart is racing.

'Holy shit'.

You breathe out as you tried to calm yourself.
A knock on your bedroom door alerted you, 'is everything alright in there (Y/N)?' You take a couple of deep breaths, 'yeah, I- I'm alright, I just had another... Dream'.
The bedroom door opened and you shut your eyes as the light flicked on. The man leaned against the doorframe, 'you have to stop lying to me (Y/N)'.
You roll your eyes, 'Marcus, you know I'm fine', he shook his head, 'everyone says they're fine, but they're really not'.

It had been years since you had been put under Marcus's care. A delicate yet stern man he was. A man that your parents trusted. The bond he had with your parents was so strong that it scared you. It was also a very dangerous trust, but Marcus seemed to control himself. And that wasn't normal for someone like him.

That's not normal for a vampire.

You looked him straight in the eye, that's how calm and collected he was. He was something else, something between a human and a vampire.

'It's started up again'.

He mumbled and you leaned back against the headrest, 'look Marcus I- I don't know, I don't think this will ever stop. These nightmares? I don't know'.

'It's hard to control them'.

'Yeah? No shit sherlock'.

He smirked, 'well... I'll be having some... Work collegues coming over, and I need you keep to the other side of the house'.
You give him a small salute, 'sure, no worries- who're these work-'.

'Confidential, and you know that'.

Right.

The reason why he didn't want you to know was that if you were taken, they would want to extract more than just your blood.

Yes.

You were human. You weren't a vampire.

Marcus was somehow you godfather.

'What's the time Mr. Wolf?'

He looked at his wrist watch, 'just go back to sleep, we've got four more hours until they come, so don't stress'.

'Alright'.

'Don't hesitate to call me if you experience another nightmare'.

He leaves you be, but leaves the door open and the light on because he knows that you won't be going to sleep straight away. Usually you'd go and grab a book to read until you pass out, which is exactly what you were going to do.
The book you were going to read was actually your family photo album. You went through it every now and then but it never got old with you.

The first page showed the little family portrait that Marcus had taken, yes, he was always with you, you smiled when you noticed your stupid little socks that your mother had made.
Your father was well built, a strong brow and full beard. He was a mighty man but yet so kind. Your mother was right to marry him. She was elegant and pretty, and her eyes showed so much life in them.

And then there was nothing.

You were alone after the sudden ambush at your family residence, where you mother threw you into Marcus's car and he drove off, leaving your parents behind to face their deaths.

You flipped over to the next page and a smile broke across your face when you saw yourself once again.
There was so many of you, a few of Marcus as well. Seeing as the man was a vampire, he didn't even age. Though in each photos with him in it, he'd be under shade or it would be night time. Of course, that was the downfall of being a vampire. They couldn't stand light.
You look over at the door, listening out to see if you could hear him bustling about, but it was silent.
A few more pages and you found a picture that held many questions. The main one was, who was in the photo? And where was Marcus?
You noticed him standing in the middle, all of the people there looked just as pale as him, which was a clear indication that they were all vampires. You remember asking him about this photo and he had said that he would tell you when you were ready.

The man standing right next to Marcus was much older, but you assumed this man was in charge, of whatever was going on there?
Your eyes scope over the picture until you notice a young man, maybe around your age? He stood not that far from Marcus.

Who the hell was he?

You found him quite handsome, but you had no clue where the hell he would be. You weren't even going to bother asking Marcus about him.

You sit in bed, going through all the photos before your eyes began to droop as you try to fight sleep. In the end, you lose.