Chapter 2

You're ordered upstairs the moment you hear the doorbell. The workers had arrived and Marcus had told you to hide straight away.

'Don't make a damn sound'.

You don't take his tone to heart because you know he only wants what's best for you. The last thing he wanted was for you to get hurt.
You rush upstairs and lock yourself in your room. Your heart is racing as you pace back and forth. It was always like that whenever workers came over. You return to the photo album that you had put aside. Your eyes once again land on that young man in the photo, 'who are you, little guy?'

You sit on your bed for god knows how long. You have a television in your room but you knew it wasn't wise to turn it on.

Duh.

You move over to the window and gently a part of the blinds aside to see outside. The lights in your room were dim, so it's not like anyone would notice you peeking out.
The moon was high, not yet full, but the light was strong enough to cast shadows in the streets up ahead, the streets that you roamed during the day. During the day you would be protecting Marcus whilst nighttime would be the other way around. You notice a dark car at the front of the car, it must be the workers.
You freeze when you see a sudden figure appear. He adjusted his supposed suit and made his way up the stairs. 

Someone's late.

The person stopped dead in their tracks and their head moved. They knew you were up here and you quickly pull away and close the blinds. Your heart is racing.

Shit, Marcus is going to be so pissed!

You were doing so well up until now.

You return to pacing back and forth through your room, shit! Shit, that person is going to say something to Marcus and I'm going to die!

You basically sit tight and wait for Marcus to come barging into the room, yelling at you. Before you could hear their voices but everything had gone silent quite some time ago.
Your heart skipped a beat when there was a knock on the door and you froze, 'it's just me, it's alright. Did you eat?' You relax when you recognise Marcus's voice. 

'Nah, I haven't. All good for me to come down?'

'Feel free'.

You follow Marcus down and you find tha the's made something up for you, 'they were here for quite some time', you chuckle as you sit at the table, 'something important I'm guessing', Marcus hums, 'yes, also... An old friend came to visit'.

'Oh? That explains why you guys took a long time'.

Marcus chuckled, 'well, I didn't know I was on a time limit', you poke yout tongue out at him, 'nah, you're not. I'm just so used to those meetings of yours', you poke at the noddle soup he had made you.

'Oh, by the way, that photo album I have?'

'Yeah?'

'There's that photo? With you and all those people'.

Marcus chuckled, 'wow, that's a blast from the past, what do you want to know?' You think about the young man in the photo.

'There was a young guy in there. I was wondering who he was'.

You see Marcus freeze and you instantly knew that he knew whom you were talking about.

'He... Was a very good friend of mine'.

'Very good friend? What happened? Did you guys have a falling out?'

'I don't know'.

That wasn't the kind of answer you were expecting, 'oh... Well, it sounds like you guys never saw each other'.

'Actually, I saw him last night. He came a little later in the evening'.

Holy fucking shit!

That young boy was here last night!!! He was the person who was late... He certainly didn't look young anymore- not saying that he was old.

'Oh? Shame, I thought he was-'.

'Good looking? I had a feeling you'd say that'.

Marcus could read you like a book, he basically knew you like the back of his hand and sometimes it pissed you off.

'Well... Could you blame me?'

'No, I'm never going to blame you'.

You rest your elbows on the table and you smell of a hint of cologne, 'so... Who's this mystery friend called?'

Marcus poured milk into his coffee, 'John Wick'.