Chapter 25

'how fucking far away is this place? What were you even doing near The Continental?'

You find yourself growing rather agitated and Silver laughed, 'well, as I said before, I was scouting through the area, under the orders of Striker'.

'Striker... I'd love to see who this guy is'.

'Don't get on his bad side, that's all I ask'.

'I mean... It's not that I plan to, is he easy to piss off'.

'Depends on what you do'.

'Outstanding'.

You look up to see the sun was close to setting and Silver noticed your growing worry, 'hey, it's all good, we're almost there'.

'Sorry'.

'It's okay, at least we can handle the dark just as well as vampires'.

'I guess that's the beauty of being a Vindeca'.

'Exactly'.

The both of you stop in front of a small chapel, 'why do hideouts look like old chapels?' Silver frowned at you, 'huh? What do you mean?'
You assume quickly that Silver hasn't watched movies, 'never mind, so what? Is there a secret door knock or-', you watch Silver shove the door open and you clear your throat in embarrassment.

'Well? Are you coming?'

She allows you to go in first before stepping in and locking the door, 'Striker knows that I was coming back so he left the doors unlocked. I have the keys', she showed the keys before shoving them into her pocket.

'This way'.

You're lead towards the alter and to the far right where you see a small wooden door which took you straight to a flight of stairs.

'We're located below the church'.

Silver said as she pushed open another door, 'Striker should be waiting for you'.

'Wait, so he knew we were coming?'

'He knows everything'.

Because that's not freaky at all.

The moment you stepped into the room, you felt everyone's eyes on you as you stood in the middle of the room.

'Go on, they aren't going to eat you'.

You noticed a man approach you, his long grey hair and wrinkles made you assume that this would be Striker.

'Silver, you have returned- and you have a friend'.

He stopped a few feet in front of you, a look of curiosity on his face, 'yeah uh... This is (Y/N) and she's one of us, she's a Vindeca'.
You hear sudden whispers around you but you keep your eyes on Striker who smiles, 'is that so? Well, it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope you have been well though'.

'Well... Kind of?'

Striker's smile was gone in seconds, 'I sense that you have something to say', he holds out his hand, 'come, let's talk in my office'.
You look around once before following the man and Silver to another large room, Strikers office.

'I'm assuming that this is a dangerous question'.

'How the- do I need to even tell you?'

You feel like you were going to waste your breath but Striker chuckled, 'you can tell me, I'm not a mind reader, though I wish to be'.

'Franko Scurve'.

The moment his name left your mouth Striker had tensed, 'Scurve? What about him?'

'He has a problem with my family, specifically my parents and I need help because I'm going to see him'.

'Absolutely not, he will kill you'.

'But, I don't know what he's actually going to do. The last time he kidnapped me and I didn't wait to see what he wanted to-'.

'You wanted to wait until he killed you?'

'This is harder to explain than I thought'.

What you were asking sounded stupid, and you were also putting others at risk, but you wanted to know what Scurve really wanted.

'Please Striker, I only want to end things with Scurve'.

'The only way you can end things with him is killing him, that's how he works'.

'How come no one else has killed him?'

Striker was silent for a few moments, 'because they'd have to get through Serafina, his sister and usually the enemy falls at her feet'.

Oh great, we have another enemy.

'You are mad if you think you can go to him'.

You looked down at your feet, your heart sinking when you realize that this journey was a waste of time. You hear Striker suddenly sigh, 'if I help you, you do realize that my people will be in danger as well'.

'Yes, I know'.

'Are you certain you want to do this?'

'I'm certain'.

He sighed and rubbed his temples, 'god, uh- Silver, get the others in, we have to talk', you feel bad for putting the man on the spot and you also felt bad that you were sending some of his people out with you.

Thank the lord.

At least you weren't alone anymore.