Chapter 3

'Wick?'

'As in the candle Wick?'

Marcus laughed, 'yes, it's spelt like that. You're the first person to say that', he sipped his coffee.

'It's been a while so I was glad that he came to see me'.

'Wait, so he wasn't here for work?'

'Well, yeah he was here for work, he just happened to see me in general'.

You think about John Wick at the bottom of the stairs and how he may have seen you. You weren't going to tell Marcus about the situation. You had been in trouble by him before and although it wasn't so bad, you weren't keen on finding out how he would act about you blowing your cover.

That friend of his, John Wick? He wouldn't say anything, would he?

Your heart began to race and Marcus cocked an eyebrow at you, 'something the matter? Your heart rate increased'.

Damn it! Stop thinking about it!

'Ah, it's nothing'.

'You can talk to me, you know that?'

You give him a small nod, 'so... What's John Wick like?' Marcus chuckled, 'you'd like him, he's very polite and quiet'.

'I guess I'd like him... But I'm-'.

'Not allowed to, I'm sorry'.

'Gee, thanks for bringing my hopes up Marcus'.

The both of you jumped when his phone went off and he quickly answered. You stayed silent because judging by the face Marcus was making, it wasn't a welcomed call.

'Alright'.

Was all he said before ending the call. You took note of his glowing eyes, 'I've got abit of a... Problem at work'.

'Go for it'.

'Don't step-'.

'Outside, I get it'.

He grabbed his coat and keys, 'of all the time to need me now', you hear him mumble and you watch him disappear down the hall.

What the hell was he talking about? And who was on the phone?

You move over to the window to watch Marcus drive off into the night, leaving you all alone. 
Your suddenly felt the hairs on the back of your neck raise as you start to think about Wick knowing that you were here. You were all alone now and if he saw Marcus, he might come here and hurt you.

Everything should be fine.

You take a couple of deep breaths before going into the kitchen to make a hot drink. You'd be back in your room reading of watchign something. There wasn't much that you could do. You didn't have a job, which you really wanted to, but Marcus had told you for now, that you should lie low.

'I don't know how long this will take. But later, you can get a job'.

You hear his voice ringing through your head and you smirk, 'yeah, that was at least two years ago now, Marcus', you're not talking to anyone in particular.

Your blood ran cold when you heard the sound of a car door slamming shut and you slowly make your way to the blinds and this time you're more careful. When you peek through, you see someone making their way up the stairs.

Shit!

The sound of the door unlocking suggested that they had the key to this place.

Get out of here!

You turn and rush up the stairs. You knew this wasn't Marcus, that wasn't his car and the man was much taller.
You reached your bedroom and slowly closed the door, making sure it didn't slam shut. You didn't want to alert them.

Locking the door, you pressed your ear against the polished wood and listened carefully for footsteps which could be heard seconds later.

Shit, my phone's out there!

You had no way to contact Marcus to tell him about the intruder.