Chapter 15

The next few days were basically uneventful and it only led to you hiding away in the library where no one would find you. Only John, because he could sense you now.

'What're you reading?'

You put your book down and crawl towards the edge of your tree house fort that you had made for yourself.
John is looking up from where he was standing, his curious gaze met yours and you smile down at him.

'Another murder mystery book'.

'Another one? Didn't you already grab another only yesterday?'

'Oh yeah, I did, but I like to read different ones every now and then'.

John shakes his head in confusion, 'I wouldn't be able to do that, it'd be too much', you chuckle and crawl back into the fort, 'you can come up here, I made it big enough for the both of us'.
You weren't ready for him to actually climb up the ladder and join him.

'You've really made a home in here'.

He scanned the fort before sitting next to you, awkwardly, 'John, just lie down', you push your hand agains his firm chest and he listens to you. He sighs in contempt when his head hits the pillow you had stolen from your room.

'By the way, I spoke to Winston and he said it was fine to make this fort-'.

John chuckled and you frowned, 'what now?'

'I find it funny that you asked for permission'.

'Well... This isn't my place and-'.

'I know, I'm just messing with you'.

You're surprised he did that to you and you shove the book to the side and jab him in the side in which he curls up, 'hey! Don't do that!'

'Oh? Someone's ticklish'.

You go to jab him again but this time he's ready. He grabs your wrist, twists his body around and pins your down, 'don't tickle me', he stern but you can hear the amusement in his tone.

'Come on John, try and be a little more fun'.

His eyes narrowed as he stared into your before he leans down and kisses you.
He lets go of your wrist and but you don't move, not wanting to distrupt the kiss any time soon. So you, instead, wrap your around his neck and pull his body closer to you. You want more with him right here, but seeing as this was  alibrary, you didn't want to risk it.
Suddenly a sharp pain in your neck causes you to pull away and hiss in pain, 'fuck!' You arch your back, almost knocking John off of you.

'Hey, what's wrong?'

He touches your neck gently and you shiver.... But you feel nothing, 'John? I can't feel you?' He frowns, 'I'm touching you right now', you shake your head and grab his wrist, 'holy shit I- I can't feel you at all, I can't feel your wrist'.
You sit up quickly and try to control your breathing and John is up in seconds as well and he holds you close to him. It's not like he can do anything anyway.

Your muscles were tingling and you feel a cold rush sweep through your body, 'I'm so cold!' You curl into John, 'it's your body fighting the infection, it's normal', he said as he held onto you.

'So, what's going to happen?'

'We'll see'.

You sit in silence, waiting for the infection to spread, you hear John hum and you're quick to ask questions, 'what's going on?'

'I can't smell you anymore'.

'I mean... Is that a good thing?'

'Depends on how you feel about it'.

'You're really starting to piss me off John'.

Your heart flutters when you see a small smile creep onto his face before he responds, 'there's only so much I can do. But it looks like your body can withstand the infection, we'll have to wait and see'.

'So... Does that mean I'm not...'.

'Mine?'

The word coming from John's mouth had sent shivers down your spine and you nod.

'You're still mine... If you want to be, you at least have a choice now'.

'I'm not changing my mind on that'.

'Good'.