Chapter 8

'Does this place have a library- sounds stupid but-'.

'Yes, it does, would you like me to take you there?'

'Yes please!'

You try your best not to look like a child. John Wick was so different to other men... But it kind of hurt as well, but it looked like he wasn't interested in you at all. And you mean that in regards to being friends.
You try your best to let go of that and act like nothing was bothering you. You're led into a large room and you can't help but gasp when you see how many books there were, 'holy- wow! This place is amazing!'
You rush past John, your hands each and every spine of each book, your eyes scanning each genre, 'do many people read here? I mean- anyone who comes to The Continental?'

'I wouldn't know, sorry'.

Alright, now he's getting rather annoying.

What was the whole point of him offering to show you around when he was far from interested? Maybe he was just trying to be helpful.
You shook the thought from your mind and continued on going through the shelves, 'well... Do you read?'

'Sometimes'.

'What genre?'

'Every single one'.

'What's your favourite?'

'I don't really have a favourite one. All of them are good'.

'Could you recommend any books?'

He joined your side, his eyes scanned some of the books, 'what genre are you interested in?' You grabbed one of books, examining the title for a few moments, 'I like a lot of murder myteries', he pointed over to a section towards one of the big windows, 'that's the right section'.

Oh, okay.

You don't hesitate to go through all the books, book marking the ones you hope to read soon. You do pick a couple to take up to your room, 'when was the last time you went in here?'

'Long ago'.

'Oh... How about you pick a book?'

'No thank you, I'm alright'.

Oh for Christ sake!

You sigh and shuffle through the books to avoid making it obvious that you were getting sick and tired of his behaviour. Was it because he wasn't a social butterfly? Or did he not like the company of a woman?

'Anyway... I'd like to go to my room, I'm gonna start reading'.

'You don't want to look around the rest of the Hotel?'

'No thank you'.

The walk back into the the lobby and straight to your room was awkward. You had chose not speak this time, because why bother?

'Thanks for showing me the libary'.

You give him a small smile, 'I'll see you around', John gives you a small nod before turning and leaving you alone.

Jesus, that hurt.

You sit on the bed and start to read one of the books but find that you're suddenly not in the mood. You tried to communicate with the man, but you guessed that maybe you're not used to being rejected-rejected? Was I even persuing him?
You shake the thought from your head and ended up turning the tv on to clear your mind.

Stupid girl.

You woke up to sounds of an alarm and you almost fall out of bed. Someone was at your door as well and you quickly open it to see Marcus, 'we need to get you to Winston's office, now!'

'What the hell is happening?'

'Scurve'.

That name sent shivers down your spine, 'Jesus, what the-', Marcus grabs your wrist and pulls you along with him, 'he's here. He may not be able to hurt you, but he can get you out of here if you're not careful'.

'What? Like drag me outside so that he can hurt me?'

'Yes'.

Well, shit.

'Isn't it close to sunrise?'

'Yes, which is why he's moving fast. He almost caught us off gaurd!'

Oh, this is brilliant.

You let yourself be dragged all the way to Winston and you're shoved inside. You weren't alone though. Winston was in there with you... It was his office as well.

'I'm sorry to scare you Miss. (L/N), but we have to do this to protect you'.

'Yeah, that's alright'.

'You musn't make a sound'.

He holds his finger up against his mouth. Your heart is pounding as you listen to what's happening outside.
A rough voice could be heard.

'I know she's in there John!'