Chapter 32

'I contacted Finney and Striker. The group have dispersed'.

'How're they?'

'They're fine, just a couple injured but no losses'.

You sit on the edge of the bed whilst John is lying on it, his arm is well looked after, you had applied enough ointment on it, you would have to buy a new bottle.
Silver put away her phone and sighed, 'holy shit, that was intense', she raked her fingers through her hair, 'god I need to rest', she looked over at you and John, 'but- yeah I'm gonna get something to drink, do you two need anything?'

'No, we've got some water in the mini bar, we're all good. Go and enjoy yourself'.

John mumbles and you feel him touch your arm, grabbing your attention away from Silver who quickly left the room.

'Hey'.

You whisper.

'Hey'.

He responds.

'How the arm?'

'It's better than before'.

He smiles up at you, but only for a few moments before his brow creased, 'you left a note for me before you left'.

Oh, shit.

'Oh John-'.

'Do you mean it? Do you really want to end this?'

No, I don't, but the tables have turned now.

'I was scared John I- I thought about you biting me again and I thought you were going to die'.

'You thought that if you were around me more, that I would bite you more often which could kill me?'

He had basically read your mind and you nodded. John chuckled gently, 'well, it's more like you healed me (Y/N)'.

'But- you're not mad?'

John shrugs, 'no, not really, sure I'm not a vampire anymore, I never wanted to be one, but I ended up having to deal with that infection'.

'John I... I'm sorry, it was wrong of me to to do that to you'.

He sits up slowly and pulls you close in order to kiss you, although his movements were sluggish, he still managed to press his lips against your.

He's warm, his lips are warm now.

It's not like you hated how cold he was now. But the stark contrast after everything that happened, it was a lot to take in.

'I'm surprised you were able to even get into the hotel seeing as you're human'.

You were no very interested as to why Winston allowed John back here, knowing that the man was under threat of other vampires attacking him. His blood was pure now. John seemed to think about that too, 'I think this is something that I should to talk to him about'.
The both of you looked up to see Winston at in the doorway, 'Winston? I thought you were busy?' You're shocked to see the man up here, usually he's hidden away in his office.

'Just, wanted to see how the two of you were going'.

John smiled up at him, 'I'm alright, just... Trying to adjust to my new body'.

Winston hummed in response before closing the door behind him. His expression had changed which suggested to you that he had something to say.

'John, the reason why your here is because the vampires can't hurt you, not that they want to'.

This was interesting to hear, 'what do you mean?' Tell me more.

Winston grabbed a couple of drinks from the mini bar, 'it's goes back in history, I don't think you have found the book just yet, in the library'.
He passed some drinks to you and John, 'John is now, as we call it, a Daybreaker'.

What the hell is that?

'Someone's who's been healed from Vindeca's blood. You were bitten when you were younger, not concieved from a person who was infected. That means you have broken through the infection'.

'That sounds... Pretty interesting'.

You look back at John who takes a sip of his drink, 'so... I'm still protected?' Winston nodded, 'you still have something in you that can protect you in the presence of vampires. It's most likely because you consumed the cure. But you're not a cure. If a vampire bites you, they will not change'.

'So... It's just misinformation, vampires don't die-'.

Winston shook his head, 'depends. Daybreakers are as rare as Vindeca's, maybe even rarer, I guess John got lucky just as you got lucky finding out that you're a Vindeca'.

I guess we were meant to be.

'There is a way to kill vampires, apart from stakes and the sunlight'.

You perk up with interest, not saying that you wanted to kill one, but you were genuinly interested.

'Both your bloods put together'.

You frown, 'what? Mixing my blood and John's blood?' Winston nodded, 'yes, both beings are so powerful that the mixture- if consumed- can kill a vampire in mere minutes'.

'Nasty'.

You don't ask this, but you're curious, if John and I have kids... What would they be like? 

'Anyway, I've come up to see you that Scurve is still alive though. Serafina Scurve has passed away'.

'John killed her'.

John smirked, 'way to throw me under the bus (Y/N)', you play with his hand, 'sorry'.
Winston raised his glass, 'you two seem to be alright for now, but just let me know if there's something wrong. I'm sure Marcus would be happy to help you', he downed his drink before leaving.

'You were thinking about something'.

John suddenly says and you look down at him in confusion, 'wh- thinking about what?' He shrugs at your response, 'when Winston was talking to you. There was something on your mind, you can tell me'.

'Shit I can't remember. I'll tell you when it pops up, I guess it wasn't important if I couldn't remember'.

He gives you a knowing look before pulling you close to him, 'whatever you say'.