Chapter 39

One Year Later

The two over you had been married for a year now, holy shit, that happened, you sit near the toilet, your stomach feeling absolutely dreadful. John was coming home soon, the thought was wonderful, but the sickening feeling was terrible and you end up puking.

The sound of the front door opening and slamming shut was enough to tell you that John was home.

'(Y/N)? You there?'

You try to speak but end up hurling again.
You hear hurried footsteps, it seems like you were making a lot of noise. The door to the bathroom swung open and John appeared in the doorway, dressed all in black, the usual attire.
He's by your side in seconds, taking his cloak off, 'Jesus, what's wrong?' He can see that you've been puking a lot, 'you weren't like this before I left!'

You try to keep calm, because you know what this means, 'I'm alright-', you heave and throw yourself at the toilet, puking another mouthful into it.

'What do you need? What do I do!?'

You find it sweet that he's clueless.
You grab some toilet paper and wipe your mouth, just, warm up the heat bag and make both of us some hot soup or something'.

'Why're you so sick all of a sudden'.

'John?'

'Hmm?'

'I think it's morning sickness'.

'Morning sickness, what-'.

He stops mid-sentence when a light bulb clicked on, 'no I- no... You're pregnant?' 

'I need to take a test but... This usually happens when you're pregnant'.

Your heart is racing when you can't read John's face, but you're put at ease when he finally smiles and wraps you up in his arms, 'oh god! I hope you are, I hope we become parents', he nuzzles into you and you can't help but laugh.

Only to puke over him.

What a wonderful day it is for the both of them.