Chapter 10

You had eventually found your family in the cluster of books. John sat near you as you flipped through every page, reading carefully until you found the family tree.

'Whoa, this is amazing'.

You recognized each and every name, maybe not your distant relatives. 
You saw your parent's name, but you weren't in the picture, at least, not yet, 'damn, I wasn't born when they did this family tree, my name isn't on there'.

'You can always add names on there whenever you please'.

You touched the aging paper and shook your head, 'Nah, I'm gonna keep it the way it is. The paper is far too old. I might make a new one though, it might be best'.

'You can do whatever you please'.

You do wonder about John's family, though he says he didn't have one, everyone has a family at the start.
You weren't going to pry into that area with him, you had no right to.

'So... Is this guy ever going to stop hunting me down?'

'He's been after your parents for quite some time now. He's not going to stop'.

'Well, that's nice to know'.

'Not really'.

Okay, he doesn't do well with sarcasm then...

You hadn't out a face to the name, but something told you not to bother with that anymore.

'Are you going to kill him?'

John turned his full attention to you, 'that depends on how bad the situation gets', it was clear that the man didn't want to end Scurve's life, which was nice enough to hear. It made it seem like Scruve, himself, was insane, which he did sound insane when you heard him back in the office.
You rub your eyes and yawn, 'Jesus, I think I need a lie down, is it alright if we head back to the room?'

'Alright'.

This time, the elevator ride wasn't as awkward. The two of you actually spoke to each other and the tension was now gone.

'There's a little bar in my room as well!'

You pointed out when you opened your room door. John nodded, 'not all the rooms in here have small bars'.

'Oh? So am I special?'

'I believe so, yes'.

You feel your face grow hot at his response, 'well, if you're not busy, maybe you can show me some drinks? Or how to mix them?'

'Okay'.

You opened the door a little wider to accomidate his larger figure as he slipped past you.
He grabs a couple of bottles and waits for you to join his side, 'you don't drink', John simply says and you feel your face grow even hotter with embarrasment, 'yeah... Well not that much, just a couple of sips'.

'So, you don't drink. A least not a full glass'.

'I guess you're right'.

He begins to show you two different alcoholic drinks that the hotel had given you. He even let you taste some and taught which ones to mix to create certain specific drinks. You had basically taste tested all the drinks that John had showed and offered you.

You then realized that you were a light weight, but that was to be expected, ecpecially when you were someone who didn't drink at all.
You were giggling way too much and you were moving into John's personal space and at first he pulled away from you, but after a while he got comfortable, knowing that you were no harm to him... It's not like you could do anything in your druken state anyway.

'Hey, no more'.

He pulled the glass of wine away from you and placed it back on the bar counter before helping you up onto your feet properly. You could hear the amusement in his voice as he struggled to hold you up. You were small than him, but when you were dead weight, he was having a little trouble.
You were on your feet when you feel a rush of confidence and you shoved John back. He lost his footing, his eyes growing wide from being caught off gaurd. Just like that, he had fallen into the large armchair that sat on the left of the bar and before he could get up, he crawled onto his lap. Caging your thighs around his hips.

'(Y/N), I-'.

You hush him quickly, gently pressing your index finger up against his lips. You didn't even flinch at how cold they were against your own skin.

'No need to worry Mr. Wick, I've got you'.

'(Y/N), come on, you need some rest. I'm sorry, but this was a bad idea'.

'Nothing is ever a bad idea, sir'.

You notice a glint in his eye when the name sir came out of your precious mouth. You rake your fingers down his chest and you hear him hiss, but you're not so sure if it was in pain. You still continued touching him because you liked the feel of his chest and stomach against your fingers.

'Can I kiss you Mr. Wick?'

'No'.

But you did pick up that he hesitated, so you kissed him either way. It was wrong, you know, because he said no, but you wanted to kiss the man. When you pulled away, he stared into your eyes and you took note how his cheeks had grown slightly pink.

God, what am I doing!?