Chapter 28

John

The moment he stepped into the chapel he almost collapsed, get to Striker now! He couldn't risk passing out, he had to get to (Y/N), was she even here? Or was he too late? He kicked the small door open and stumbled down the stairs to the main room.
John skidded to a halt in the middle of the room and all eyes were on him, each and every Vindeca had stopped what they were doing.

'John? Is that you?'

Up a head, John saw Striker, who descended the stairs to approach him, 'Strike, it's an honor to meet you, I-'.

'She's already left'.

John's blood ran cold, he was too late, 'how long ago did she leave?' 

'Some time ago, at least maybe an hour'.

'Shit'.

'John?'

'Silver is with her but... I don't think that will be enough'.

'Goddman it-'.

He jumped when the older man touched his shoulder, a look of full curiosity in his eyes, 'John? You seem different'.

'What?'

Striker moved his hand up to cup John's red cheek, 'you are no longer a vampire', the man's eyes grew wide with shock, 'you bit a Vindeca'.

'I... But (Y/N), yes'.

'And she cured you'.

She did, she cured me.

It may sound amazing, but now John was no longer... Powerful... He felt weak now, probably because he wasn't used to being powerless.

'I don't know what to do'.

This was the first time where he began to feel his eyes hurting, he hadn't cried in years because there was nothing to cry about.
Striker smiled down at him, 'don't worry, I'll help you- I have done some thinking, and I believe that I play a part in this to as Silver has gone with (Y/N). Not saying I would decline straight away if (Y/N) was alone'.

'Are you sure?'

'I'm sure John'.

'I just need to get to Scurve's place before anything happens'.

'That I can help you with'.