Fifteen

Alex and Alice came to the Hale house as today Bella was coming over. They saw Jasper taking out the garbage. "Jasper?" The blonde looked at them. "Are you coming to meet Bella?" Alice asked.

"No." He says. "I'm not comfortable with the idea and Nevaeh isn't forcing me into meeting her sister. I met Charlie and that was enough."

Alice nodded. "Okay." She says as she looked at Alex. "Ready?"

"Yeah, but first. Are you getting Nevaeh?"

Jasper nodded causing them to leave. He looked at the bags and sighed as he knew Nevaeh is going to hang him when she sees his been working since last night. Hearing the phone ring had him going to answer it.
~~~
"Hey, daddy." Nevaeh says as she sat down.

"I thought you would be with your sister."

"No. Jasper is wanting us to work on our house." She tells him.

"How is the house project coming along?"

"Good." She says. "He took the trash to the dump before he comes here." Nevaeh sighed. "Daddy, has Bella told you anything about a boy?"

"No." He says. "Who is this boy?"

"Edward Cullen." She says.

"Oh. That's why she asked if I knew them."

Nevaeh looked at her dad shocked. Bella had questioned him about Edward and she never knew. Now she feels bad that she hasn't spent as much time with her dad. "I'm so sorry, daddy that I haven't spent much time with you."

"Nevaeh, it's okay. I have my daughters here."

"It's not okay." She says. "How about this weekend, the two of us stay at home and watch the game. A father daughter day. I miss those days and meeting Jasper, I never noticed that we haven't been spending time together and I feel so guilty."

Charlie hugged his youngest daughter as she cried. "Nevaeh Swan, don't feel guilty. I'm happy that you are back to yourself and I knew that one day you would be spending time with me. I think the game this weekend is the perfect time to have our father daughter day. Just like old times."

"Just like old times."
~~~
"So you aren't joining us during the game?" Jasper asked.

"No. I need to spend some time with daddy. Just don't be mad."

"How can I be mad? Nevaeh, I want you to spend time with Charlie. I heard you crying and I knew that you were upset with not spending time with him. You can spend as much time with him as you need to."

Nevaeh kissed him. "Thank you." She tells him. "I love you so much."

"I love you too and who knows, I might join so I can know Charlie a bit better."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. There's plenty of time to play ball with them, but right now, I think bonding with Charlie is a bit more important to me."

Nevaeh shook her head. "You have all the time to do so, don't miss out on family time..."

"Your sister will be there."

Nevaeh sighed as she didn't know what to say. "All I can say is think about it." She tells him. "I'm not forcing you to do anything that you don't want to."

Jasper hugged her. "I'll think about it and let you know." She nodded. "Let's get back to work, darlin'."

"Okay." Nevaeh says. "Wait, I brought something."

Jasper watched as she went to her bag she brought and grabbed three things from it. She walked to the fireplace and placed them. A picture of the Swans, the Whitlocks, and a picture of her and Jasper. "Where..."

"Internet." She tells him. "We are starting a new life. And bringing two families together. We may not go by Whitlocks, but we still are in our hearts just like being Hales."

"What did I do to deserve you?"

"That's what I'm supposed to say." She says kissing him. "I love you."

"I love you."