Twenty

Bella has proven to Jasper and Nevaeh that she was not going to let Edward's departure get to her. She can do better if that is how he wants to treat her. At first, Jasper thought Bella would try something towards him, but she hasn't, which made him happy as he would hate to see a bond between Nevaeh and her sister be destroyed all over her wanting to turn.

"Jasper really thinks that?" Bella says as Nevaeh nodded. "No. I see Jasper as a brother nothing else. Yes, I want to turn, but I would never hurt my sister. You and him have healed each other and I'm happy for that. And you made me an aunt."

Nevaeh smiled. "Bella, if Edward truly does come back. Don't give in. Hold that grudge because of what he has done to you. You or no woman deserves that kind of treat from someone that we love. I'm surprised Jasper stayed for me and the baby."

Touching the small bump, Bella smiled. "Trust me. I will hold that grudge till he sees what he has done."

"If he isn't stubborn."
~~~
Later that day, Jasper finished the crib with Charlie's help. "Ever since that accident, Nevaeh was never herself. She wasn't cheerful, she was closed off and pushed everyone away. When asked how was she, she'll just give you the silent treatment till Renee thought maybe she will be herself here." Charlie says looking at Jasper. "Meeting you was a blessing to my daughter and I'm so happy you didn't screw up like Edward did."

"I was never planning on leaving. Not because of the baby, but because Nevaeh saved me too. She showed me that I wasn't alone, we had each other and I knew in that moment, that she was the one I would die for. I love her too much to listen to anything that Edward has to say. He made his choice and I'm making mine. No one comes between me, Nevaeh and our baby."

Charlie nodded with a smile. "Marry her."

Jasper looked at Charlie shocked. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. "You are..."

"Yes, I am." He says. "You have made my daughter so happy since you two have met and I want you as my son in law. You are the only one that is allowed to have my daughter's hand."

Jasper smiled. "I think I'm the only one she wants."

"And that is why I said it." Charlie patted Jasper's shoulder. "Welcome to the family, Jasper."