Epilogue

Kakagraduate lang namin a week ago and I was looking forward to it because it's already the start of our vacation.

My family loves to go out of town lalo na kapag summer and I bet they're already planning where they'll go next this year.

It's not that I don't want to, but I'm not the type that na mahilig gumala. My sister is also not that kind of person. Maybe that's the only thing we have in common.

Minsan nagtuturuan na lang sila mommy at daddy kung kanino nga ba talaga nagmana yung isa nilang anak. Ate Joy is a different breed. Not that kind of bad breed but malapit na rin doon.

She likes to pull these silly pranks on every person in the house. But most of the time, I'm always the victim of these kinds of pranks. She likes my reactions daw kasi everytime she gets me.

It's harmless naman but sometimes I can't help but get annoyed at her. Ate Joy is a great person and would be a great sister to me if the pranks and jokes were removed from her vocabulary, but I know I can't do that. That's what makes up her personality.

But don't get me wrong, I love my sister.

"Rina, are you listening?" I looked up at Giselle when she snapped her fingers at me. I was a bit preoccupied with my thoughts.

"What is it?"

"Sabi ko why don't you tag along with me this summer?" she joked. "You know, we'll go back to our home town next week. I already told my friends na babalik na kami doon for good."

Ah.

I know Giselle has friends who were left behind when she transferred schools in senior high. She's been telling me stories about them ever since we got close. I don't even remember how, but to summarize the story, we just clicked.

"Remember when I told you we were once classmates back in elementary? Pero sandali lang yon kasi nagtransfer ka rin agad?"

I nodded.

I remember her telling me that story. Kaya raw niya ako nilapitan dati kasi ang familiar ko raw then it turns out classmate ko pala siya dati. Giselle's memory is really great because she still remembers those kinds of memories kahit matagal na siyang nangyari. I can't even recall those.

"My friends that I've been telling you about, they're also classmates with you. I'm sure they'll remember you kapag ipinakilala kita sa kanila," she tried to convince me.

"If you want lang naman, hindi naman kita pinipilit. If you want a change of scenery this vacation, you can tell me. Magka-college na tayo, I'm sure we won't be classmates anymore next school year," she pursed her lips. Mukhang nagpapaawa pa.

I chuckled, "Okay, balitaan kita if nagbago isip ko."

Giselle and I parted ways after that short meet up. Tutulong na raw kasi siya mag-ayos ng mga gamit since lilipat na naman ulit sila ng tirahan.

Excited na rin akong umuwi dahil may binili ako kahapon na ice cream. I haven't eaten it yet and I was saving it for today when I binge watch the series I've been wanting to watch. Giselle suggested that I watch Our Beloved Summer. She described it as a healing drama and she's right. I like how the story flows.

Pagkaopen ko ng freezer, I saw the ice cream I bought. Ang saya-saya ko pa dahil at last, I can finally have my peace.

I opened my laptop and clicked on the next episode. Tuloy-tuloy lang ang nood ko when I stopped muna to open my ice cream.

It was not the sight I expected to see.

My ice cream became a fish!