Chapter 1: I Will Protect You

There weren't many places a Kohona doctor could do malpractice of research into forbidden jutsu.

And there weren't many intelligent enough to actually cause a problem after gaining materials.

Not everyone was at the level of Orochimaru.

He may have been a once great villain that had the powers of a legendary sannin in the past, but he had reformed after the 4th Great Ninja War... and eventually died in the 5th war of the ninja world.

Leaving a certain pink-haired 'Medical Sage' to take his place... His hideout having been altered.

The cave walls and doors were made with strengthened 'chakra draining' materials. All so no one could interfere with the last experiment the dead-eyed 'Healing Goddess' of the last ninja war.

She pulled down her glove a little and wiped her sweaty face. Her haggardness couldn't be hidden.

A part of her pink hair had was discoloured with a greyness. It wasn't of old age, but of losing vitality.

Scars marred the skin underneath her glove...

But she didn't seem to be able to feel pain, nor was she able feel her body having reached its limits.

Her mind was clear.

She could drop dead in this underground research facility at any time, but she kept on typing codes.

This was a new way of 'Moulding Chakra' that Orochimaru had invented and passed down to her.

Though one's skill needed to be at a high enough level for use, she'd already found a successor for it.

Even if she died today, she'd leave her legacies...

That's why she didn't care if today was her last.

The dexterous old woman wanted something that was worth giving her life for. She'd do it for 'her'.

Her beautiful... loving daughter.

'My baby...' Sakura thought of the little girl she'd raised from a tiny infant. How her child played with her fingers with curiosity, and pulled on her hair without knowing the dangers of the world.

That child would later become the leader of the village hidden in the leaves, Konohagakure.

A black-haired woman and the true successor of the Uchiha Clan. Able to weave and finely control her chakra like her mother, while also having the myriad of abilities passed down from her father.

The first Uchiha to have become a Hokage...

At least, that should have been the happy ending.

With strength, she should have lived long.

So how it is that Naruto lived longer than her...?

This thought echoed through her mind while typing on the keyboard. Her gloved fingers never resting.

Sakura Haruno's eyes was glued to the screen.

Not even giving half a mind to the static shocks her seemingly malfunctioning headgear was giving off in the slightest. In fact, each fluctuation on her headgear seemed to make her more excited...

The sparks only serving to discolour and ruin her once pretty hair once more, which had grown out.

Her laughter was delirious...

*Boom!* An explosion went off behind her.

This caused her snickers to finally stop. The joints in her fingers finally gave out and spasmed a lot.