Chapter 13: Hinata and Naruto Finally Meet!

Team 7 got a big achievement in being the fastest to complete a great number of Missions, and that too with a perfect score. They were also being the most active of the 'Nine Rookies', making it so their name spread across the village quite fast.

Especially since Naruto's attitude seemed to have improved compared to before. Although the prejudice around him was thick as usual, that didn't change the fact that his actions were changing their view on him. Even if it was little by little.

Prejudice could last a long time when you're far from the subject of your hatred, but how could they keep their hearts cold when being subjected to his 'warmth'. Naruto's nature being like a child's.

Monster... That's what they used to call him.

Many had lost their families to Kurama. The loss of what they'd held close seeped in like a burning fire.

But time was a water that eased all flames...

Allowing their fears of the child to gradually fade.

Team 7 was unaware of how their actions were being remembered. Even if it seemed trivial.

On their time off, Sakura took the team to meet Hinata, Kiba, and Bug Guy (the one with a hood that thinks he's recognisable when everyone in his Clan dresses the exact same way as each other).

Kuranai, the one who was in-charge of them, wasn't around... which was the perfect opportunity for her to get Naruto and Hinata together.

"Naruto, that's the girl who likes you." Sakura pointed at Hinata. This caused Sasuke to be surprised. He didn't know there was someone who would find an idiot like Naruto to be attractive.

The orange-clothed youth himself was a little embarrassed. No one's actually liked him before...

"That's only your guess. She could just have something she wants to say to me." Naruto could sense negative emotions in other people, but not anything else. Complex emotions were still far too difficult for him to comprehend at this moment.

Even if there WAS another girl who liked him, he still liked Sakura.

"Sasuke, you're in-charge of distracting Kiba... so Naruto and her can have time to talk. Think of this as a lesson in socialising." Sakura spoke while remembering how introverted he was in the future.

It would be better if he hanged around with people rather than earning merits. That would help more.

At least he wouldn't turn into some king of outcast like before. Maybe he'd think twice before 'leaving'.

Hopefully...

Sasuke wanted to refuse, but couldn't. This was considering how important this seemed to Sakura.

He jumped down the tree, approached, and tried his best to socialise with them, but the results were him challenging them to a kunai throwing showdown where the loser buy's lunch.

It really seemed like there was nothing but fighting in this guy's head... Even trying to befriend people turned into gaining new rivals. Not that it mattered though. These results were what she wanted.

"You go wait nearby. I need to talk to her about something first before I give you two some alone time to talk with each other." Sakura lightly slapped Naruto on the back. She ignored the complicated look on his face...

"You really think it'll work out...?"

"Just go wait at that tree." Sakura didn't want to wait about any longer and approached Hinata openly.

The shy girl recognised that pink hair.

"Did your Clan refuse to let you come to that training session or were you too shy to come?" Sakura was the first to speak.