Chapter 7: Improving The Team's Bloodline Limits

"I understand, Sakura Haruno." After getting the explanation he deserved, Kurama's eyes narrowed.

"You want to get them ready for the Fifth Great Ninja War by increasing their potentials. A simple plan if you are able to keep your existence a secret... but an ultimately flawed plan regardless."

"What makes you say that?"

"Experience... I've seen too many stupid humans like you. Those who try to take the world's fate into their hands, and in the end found that they were manipulated by that very fate they opposed." The old fox seemed to be reminiscing, then continued:

"Madara wanted great power, Obito wanted a world without suffering, and Sasuke Uchiha desired nothing more than vengeance. All of them willing to throw away they'd bonds for a higher purpose."

"..." She silently contemplated at his words.

"Will you try to manipulate them as well?" The old fox chuckled. It was funny to see her like this.

"Are you going to try changing the world alone? The same way as those of the Uchiha?" This question struck her deeply. However, Sakura was stubborn about her beliefs, she turned her head away meaningfully.

"Fine. You don't want to listen to reason, but just be clear that once you cross the line, Naruto will be your opponent!" Kurama laughed. He realised that the kid Naruto would probably need his guidance.

"Enough of this meaningless talk. Right now, can you send some rage-infused Chakra towards me?"

"Why would you want that? It's useless to try to control my Chakra without allowing me to mould it first."

"Don't worry. I have a reason for this." Sakura spoke. She allowed her hand to touch the claw of the Nine Tailed Fox, the hateful chakra that was being sent to her formed into a seal the shape of a red Spades symbol.

"What is that so-called 'Bloodline Seal'? You've told me about their effects, but what is the point of a seal infused with my hate? Are you planning to become a mindless killing machine?"

"Don't look down on me. It's called the 'Strength of a Berserker Seal', and is something I created to improve the power of Bloodline Limits like the Sharingan." She brushed him off with a short explanation before waving her hand.

Out of the darkness behind her appeared a youth with a groggy look. He woke from a good dream.

"Dammit, Sakura! You have to give me a warning before you do something like that, ya know?"

"Okay okay, can't you see that we have company?"

Naruto noticed the giant fox beside her and felt his legs going numb... but his will to protect Sakura let him get over his fears. He straightened his back at the 'tenant' that had been living in his body.

Ever since the day he was born...

"Naruto Uzumaki, after having talked to your little friend over here, I've decided to help you out."

"Seriously?!" He couldn't believe the same Tailed Beast, who tried to destroy the village once, was now willing to 'help him' out of nowhere. It was more than a little suspicious this sly fox did that.

"Don't think too much." Kurama waved off his worried look, then spoke more freely to him:

"What happened back then was a lot more complicated than you imagine, but I'll tell you now: Even though I'm willing to share Chakra with you, I'll do it at my own convenience." This sounded a lot less suspicious considering the circumstances.

"Does that mean we're friends?!" Stars seemed to appear in Naruto's eyes. His initial fear swept away.

"...Sure." Kurama felt speechless at his response.